Sign in to follow this  
chompa

WTB:MANUAL E21

hey guys iv decided id rather have a e21 than a e30. can anyone point me in the right direction i noticed there none on trademe atm.

would love it if it was rust free but dont like the chances so will consider anything. engine size dont matter as im looking to put a later model engine in at some stage but it MUST be manual please..

also prefer if it was a earlier model one with the crome wingmirrors etc..

cheers.

liam

hey guys iv decided id rather have a e21 than a e30. can anyone point me in the right direction i noticed there none on trademe atm.

would love it if it was rust free but dont like the chances so will consider anything. engine size dont matter as im looking to put a later model engine in at some stage but it MUST be manual please..

also prefer if it was a earlier model one with the crome wingmirrors etc..

cheers.

liam

Good choice.

I don't know of any for sale, but do beleive they will be a true classic in years to come.

If I could get my hands on one, I would love a 323i. A couple of years ago a mate of mine looked at an ex-Michael Hill one in black with factory body kit, it was mint too.

Good luck with buying one. I don't see that many around, but a few dreamers on trademe every now and again. I got mine for 1200 with a spare set of mags + tyres, new tyres and far too much work done to the car. If only they didn't work it so much the head cracked :(

Chuck me a PM when you're going to look at one. I know what to look at as I get bored and take mine apart..

Good choice.

I don't know of any for sale, but do beleive they will be a true classic in years to come.

If I could get my hands on one, I would love a 323i. A couple of years ago a mate of mine looked at an ex-Michael Hill one in black with factory body kit, it was mint too.

yes great little cars, i owned a 323i about two years ago but found the floor had rusted out under both drivers and passenger sides.. and the K?-injection system was shot and cant be rebuilt? was in the middle of a engine transplant when i found my old e30 m3 which i purchased...now im back at uni i need something a lil cheaper!

saw that car about a year ago on trademe! body looked great but engine had fouled and was being sold as a non runner.. would be perfect for me now as im after a cheap project!

liam

Good luck with buying one. I don't see that many around, but a few dreamers on trademe every now and again. I got mine for 1200 with a spare set of mags + tyres, new tyres and far too much work done to the car. If only they didn't work it so much the head cracked :(

Chuck me a PM when you're going to look at one. I know what to look at as I get bored and take mine apart..

Cheers for that! would like a second opinion as im sure il forget to look at something..........will PM you if i here of anything...

sounds like you got a good price! is it a 323 or 320? loved my 323i with the straight though exhaust and dual tips! sound amazing and always put a smile on your face though tunnels!

1979 320/6. Got a m20b20 in it, toning down the power as the last head cracked from it.

It had a bit of rust, but easily sorted. I'd love a 323i, but never had any problems with the 320 until the head went (plus, I'm a poor uni student)

If you know what you're doing they're a quick, reliable car. There were a few around a month or two ago with the motor gone and everything else good. Exactly what you're looking for..

Chuck me a PM when you see one.

I believe Ray from Hellbm had one for sale a little while ago...my mate picked it up for $500 (318i auto, soon to be manual). He's slowly in the process of fixing it up. Great little things :), all the best with your search.

I believe Ray from Hellbm had one for sale a little while ago...my mate picked it up for $500 (318i auto, soon to be manual). He's slowly in the process of fixing it up. Great little things :), all the best with your search.

found one, but its in the middle of nowhere (im in dunedin) and lasped rego...good price tho, would have snapped it up had it been road worthy...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=156166819