Sign in to follow this  
pureboiracer

e46 mind of its own

<_<

just went to get some paperwork out of my e46 and noticed the whole car was unlocked and all the windows were down.

this has happened twice to me since ive had this car.

is this a known issue with them or is mine just being difficult?

it seems like condensation in a conection somewhere as it only seems to happen on cold almost frosty kind of nights

<_<

just went to get some paperwork out of my e46 and noticed the whole car was unlocked and all the windows were down.

it seems like condensation in a conection somewhere as it only seems to happen on cold almost frosty kind of nights

Dodgy button in the key or alarm fault??? If you hold the unlock button down long enough it will open all the windows remotely. Maybe Hotwire would know more.

Definately sounds like it is linked to how your key is set up to your car.

One of the options is two have all windows go fully down (plus sunroof open) if you hold down the open button.

Either the car settings are getting triggered by something other than you key (which would be very worrying) or you are somehow pressing the open button and are not aware of it, or the settings in your car are set up incorrectly.

The settings are held in the car (for each key). They charge about $50 to change the settings. If you do this make sure they give you a checklist so you get everything you want changed. When I got one thing changed for a new key I wasn't aware that there were all these other things I could choose and the dealer never told me (price of changing one thing is the same price as changing everything).

Cheers

<_<

E46 year model Dec 03 to July 04 had an issue with the front door lock assemblies . You have 3 options . Live with it , have the door locks replaced or have the conveniece opening feture coded out by a dealer .

try locking and unlocking the car from the r/f door barrel with the key,if one of the functions dont work then the door barrel is broken( problem)could cause the relay module to get damaged,if the remote stops working its a problem to get the car open