Sign in to follow this  
Five Star

Cleaning out the bottom end of a M20B20

Gotta clean out all the coolant lines, due to oil + antifreeze. Not nice stuff..

Any ideas on the best way to flush it? It's still in the car, with the head off.

I'm replacing all the hoses etc..

Gotta clean out all the coolant lines, due to oil + antifreeze. Not nice stuff..

Any ideas on the best way to flush it? It's still in the car, with the head off.

I'm replacing all the hoses etc..

A good steam clean should get most of it out and then once you get the motor running use a good radiator flush to get residue out of the heater matrix and places you havent been able to clean properly.

We use a special product from PDC Direct Ph. 021892179 or 0800100544

Its a special engine de-oiler thats not sold retail. Radiator repairers use this product

Works a treat...used it several times..... Audi's blowing oil coolers

Do it twice before you do the final fill with a good antifreeze..we use genuine BMW.. its only $15 a bottle (1.5 Litres) you will need 2 bottles.

Edited by botanymotorworx

It's worse than I remember...

I'll give you a call monday glen, but if anyone can give me any hints before that that'd be much appreciated....

Cheers

Tom

post-2607-1214010108_thumb.jpg

Cleaned out the bottom end with a nice moulded bit of hose and a lot of fabric blocking up most of the holes for coolant.

I also got that product, thanks glen. It arrived about 12 hours after I called the guy.. he sent it before the money was even in his account!