Sign in to follow this  
Creaver

e34 throwing stars

Hey all, I might have an opportunity to obtain some throwing stars, unsure if they are legit (probably not), but I have a few questions.

How much do you reckon would be a reasonable price for replicas? I'm unsure how much to offer for them.

Guest Simon*

Ian

There was a set of 17's going on trademe a while back that Joel (GIJoel) was going to buy for about $400-500 from memory. They were reps, with tyres and a little curbing but still in good nic. That would be cheap in my opinion.

They look great - go hard ;)

i paid $1100 for 4 17x8.5 bbs (with DISH) with good tyres...i WANTED them and felt that was ok value. I would go higher than that for real throwing star,but not reps.Hope that helps.

Genuine Turbine II's (Throwing Stars) are about $800 each from McMillans currently.

The replica versions spin the wrong way on one side of your car.

Do replicas have a cover design as well or are they one piece? If they use covers as well then maybe you could get genuine covers to get them to spin the right way?

Do replicas have a cover design as well or are they one piece? If they use covers as well then maybe you could get genuine covers to get them to spin the right way?

Very good question, I havn't seen these in person, only pics. Can someone explain a bit please?

i paid $1100 for 4 17x8.5 bbs (with DISH) with good tyres...i WANTED them and felt that was ok value. I would go higher than that for real throwing star,but not reps.Hope that helps.

I remember posting the thread about them.. and what are the chances... another sets gone up on sale..

Style 5's

buy thems.

Hey, i may have some throwing stars up for grabs, could someone give me some information on how to tell if they are replicas?

Regards

Sweet! How much are they worth for the genuine throwing stars?

I might be interested depending on what they are bma.e36, let me know what you find/think.

They are on a BMW e34, yeah i will check when the car arrives!

cheers

They are on a BMW e34, yeah i will check when the car arrives!

cheers

Are you importing it?

the genuine article is a 3 peice item.The wheel itself, the throwing star cover ,and a central cover over the nuts.I would think that the genuine price may be even more than 800 each...PLUS gst