Sign in to follow this  
melowpuf

Broken-unusable Getrag 260/5 Wanted

Any body out there preferably in the Auckland region have an old unusable Getrag 260/5 gearbox sitting round taking up space? I'm wanting to disassemble one which is beyond repair to see what goes on inside one of these. I'd rather pull apart a completely rooted one and try to get it back together than using a good one and not being able to get it back together. The best way to learn and appreciate things, pull it apart and put it back together a few times. It should be compulsory for everyone to pull their engines apart and put them back together before they are allowed to drive on the road :P

If anyone is willing to donate one of these boxes you can have it back once i've pulled it apart and take the bits and pieces to the scrap metal man.

Surely one of you race boys have one of these lying around somewhere?

Any body out there preferably in the Auckland region have an old unusable Getrag 260/5 gearbox sitting round taking up space? I'm wanting to disassemble one which is beyond repair to see what goes on inside one of these. I'd rather pull apart a completely rooted one and try to get it back together than using a good one and not being able to get it back together. The best way to learn and appreciate things, pull it apart and put it back together a few times. It should be compulsory for everyone to pull their engines apart and put them back together before they are allowed to drive on the road :P

If anyone is willing to donate one of these boxes you can have it back once i've pulled it apart and take the bits and pieces to the scrap metal man.

Surely one of you race boys have one of these lying around somewhere?

I've got a box already in pieces,a 260/5 that is.and yes its still complete.

not sure i can donate as such.

rather handy if someone strips a gear etc.

Edited by topcat

Ditto for me in Wellington btw!

tastic = tire?

yea babe