Sign in to follow this  
Mavrick

Anyone for a test drive?

I am looking at a certain car on Trademe and am very keen on it, problem is is that it is in Auckland. So before I buy a ticket up there to have a look at it and find that it's not worth the money I was wondering if anyone on here would mind taking it for a test drive??

It is this car here 00' e46 325i wagon.

Being an e46 i would preferably like to have someone who knows a bit about this particular model, but if theres none of those around anyone with a sensible point of view will do.

Things I am looking for are performance (does it feel good, not sluggish for a 325i), what condition the leather is in, what the car looks like in person (anything the photos dont show), any cons on the vehicle and any pros that aren't mentioned in the trademe ad. Also if you could confirm if the BBS wheels are genuine.

Thats basically it, if someone could have a look at this for me it would be much apprecited....and if i do end up travelling up to buy it i may just have to swing round to yours for some complie=metary beers.

Cheers,

Mavrick

If you can't find anyone with better knowledge of the E46 (I'm more of an E36 guy), I'd be happy to have a look for you, and I'll see if I can get my friend who used to have an E46 325 to come along to benchmark the power.

Maybe get it driven down to Glenn for an inspection? Would be safest if you are really serious about the car.

I Know Glenn and Fletch from Keywest, they are both pretty straight up guys. Unfortunately they are out west, and I am going away this weekend so won't be able to take it for a test drive. I may be able to pop out on Fri and have a quick look around it for you though.

As Yuen suggests maybe try and arrange Glen to have a look over it.

Edited by zenetti

That is a very smart looking wagon! Love silver motorsport wagons :wub:

I wonder if the interior is the same colour as the shift gate trim.

If you can't find anyone with better knowledge of the E46 (I'm more of an E36 guy), I'd be happy to have a look for you, and I'll see if I can get my friend who used to have an E46 325 to come along to benchmark the power.

Maybe get it driven down to Glenn for an inspection? Would be safest if you are really serious about the car.

Yeah, i would get a pre-purchase inspection done & go from there.

That is a very smart looking wagon! Love silver motorsport wagons :wub:

I wonder if the interior is the same colour as the shift gate trim.

Everything else in the same picture is.

Looks a bit odd without the roof rails imo.

Cheers Yuen, if no one puts there hand up i would really appreciate that...i know that you have a very good idea about BMW's in general so any help would be mint.

Yeah was just putting this out there at the mo as i am really busy with work, study etc so this is the easier option at this present time.

Cheaper is not always better and in this case the one below just doesn't look or sit right and it would be easier if i got a car that looked somewhat of how i wanted it when i got it as i dont have alot of time on my hands.

Plus i want one with under 100ks, something that won't trouble me with wear problems in the near future. High k's seem to drop the price dramatically with this model. Cheers for the link though.

It does look good

Have you seen this one though? E46 touring cheaper ;)

I have just purchased another BMW and had it checked but Team McMillan yesterday, they do a thorough 90 minute test and report back to you any faults found with the vehicle and give you an honest opinion on the condition of the car and point out if anything has been repaired or needs to be. The best $142.70 you could ever spend if buying a BMW.