Sign in to follow this  
bekker

Radiator

Apparently I need a new radiator!

Unfortunately the plastic outlet which sits inside the top radiator hose has snapped off!

I went to a local radiator place who told me that you can't replace the top tank and it"s almost impossible to get new radiators for this model.

I haven't yet priced one from BMW but looking for a second hand one.

I'm also open to suggestions if there is a suitable upgrade anyone knows of.

Apparently this radiator is fairly specific because its a 525e auto with aircon.

post-851-1212740460_thumb.png

Any help appreciated.

Cheers.

You can try second hand but from my experience you are usually buying rubbish as there are very few decent used radiators out there now for the older BMW.

You can try www.pelicanparts.com/ or www.autohausaz.com/index.html. Both of these places (based in the U.S) should have what you are looking for. You can search by part number as well. I just imported one for my E30 from pelican parts (300.00 U.S including freight from mem) and it only took 10 days from time of order to being delivered. Well worth it imo for an OE BMW radiator.

Just be sure you do your homework before ordering and make sure you order the correct one.

Edited by ducatiss

Talk to Glenn at Botany Motor Worx, he should be able to hook you up with a new one. Bimmersport discount as well I believe