Sign in to follow this  
TheThistle

SR20DET conversion kit?

hey

i want to build some e30 with sr20det engine. in europe we dont have guys they do this conversion (just e34 m5 in e30, bmw v12 in e30 and something like that)

i want to create - or better buy a conversion kit for the e30; wiring adapter, engine mount, g'box mount.

is there anybody that sells this item?

cheers

Most people who do this conversion get everything custom made. And use an aftermarket ECU that does not require most of the orginal loom from the motor.

I have played around with SR20DET's for about 9 years now. And they are great motors. But for an E30 conversion I would really suggest that you have a look at Toyota's 1JZGTE. Much much stronger motor. Capable of making huge power. And they are half the price of an SR.

Most people who do this conversion get everything custom made. And use an aftermarket ECU that does not require most of the orginal loom from the motor.

hmmm its called custom, custom and more custom.

trial and error really, there has been a few done now including mine and they have all been done differently.

research and asking questions will help, lots of questions haha