Sign in to follow this  
dereklau007

Bosch Platinum +4 Spark Plugs???

I've just been reading around the current spark plugs avaiable on the market (nationally and internationally) and I came across the Bosch Platinum +4 and the E3 Diamond Fire spark plugs. Anyone know where in Auckland/New Zealand where I can get my hands on them? Or are they no better than standard OEMs?

Only reason I ask is because my E39 528i has done just over 130k and looking back at the history it doesn't seem like the spark plugs have been changed. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Regards,

Derek Lau

I would suggest using the new Bosch FGR7DQE +23 Yttrium spark plugs.

Thats what we are using

Available from most Bosch suppliers

Cheers

Glenn

You can get the Bosch Platinum +4's from Super Cheap though you might have to ask for them as when I got mine the guy there told me they had to keep them behind the counter as people kept stealing them. Having run them in my E30 I'm not sure they were worth the expence. Having read up on the Yttrium spark plugs, the rational and technology behind thems sound so would probably heed Glenn's advice and get yourself some of those.

Edited by ducatiss

Thanks for the information guys and thanks for the spcific part number Glenn. Would you roughly know how much they would cost each? More than happy to get my hands dirty and change them myself (only difficult ones would be the ones where the cabin filters are located but should be easy enough to remove those)

Now comes another question, what do you suggest the conservative mileage that spark plugs should be changed?

Cheers,

Derek Lau