Sign in to follow this  
pureboiracer

m20b25 metal head gasket.

metal head gasket for a m20b25 that will be running a low boost when going. does anyone know where to source one?

also has anyone done the map sensor conversion and is it very effective on power gains and throttle response?

metal head gasket for a m20b25 that will be running a low boost when going. does anyone know where to source one?

also has anyone done the map sensor conversion and is it very effective on power gains and throttle response?

You can get them from the US - Cometic MLS. You should also consider head studs (eg ARP - $$$ unfortunately), or at least some sort of uprated head bolts ---> see www.e30tech.com . You could also get your block o-ringed and use the standard h/g --> approx $100.

Seems there are a few people (me included) looking for turbo parts at the moment. I've been given a price of about US$350 including freight (of US$60) for a MLS headgasket and ARP head stud kit for an M10.

Edited by CamB

thats a good price cam, I'm sure i paid $350 excluding freight for an MLS and ARP head stud set after loys of hunting around.

IMO either go O-ring with stock HG or get standard height MLS, thicker gaskets lower CR too much and upset the cam timing a tad too.

TCD sells M20 MLS at a precent decent price from memory. also agree on the head studs, M20 ARP set can be a little tricky to track down. Also have a look in yellow pages for gasket makers, few firms out there in NZ that will fo MLS gasket or copper. costs a little more than importing one when i checked with them

thats a good price cam, I'm sure i paid $350 excluding freight for an MLS and ARP head stud set after loys of hunting around.

More specifically, US$140 for the MLS and I was quoted a (very) wide range of $130-200 for the ARP studs. $130 is a bit too good to be true... www.racetep.com

Given I can get a standard headgasket for under $100, and o-ringing is $100 (for a 4 cylinder), I am tempted to stick with that option. On top of that, M10 (but not M20) head studs are non-stretch and have a reputation for being pretty strong. They're not that expensive new, or I could re-use...

Or I could go the full deal and get MLS, ARP head studs and JE Pistons from racetep.com for ~NZ$1500 landed in NZ including GST. It's very tempting, although if I went down this route I could easily spend the same again having the block bored/decked/crack tested/etc, the rods tidied and getting everything balanced and assembled.

There is a company in Auckland that will make any gasket you want. Mate purchased a multilayer metal one from them. But I just can not remember the name of the company. They are very cheap. If they dont have the template they just get you to bring in a stock one to copy.