Sign in to follow this  
silverlea

Supercharged 545i

After some hunting found an interesting company who can supply the goods to happily blow a 545i.

They are in Anaheim california and the kit looks very impressive.Boosting 6psi and the software reconfigured,they are claiming a 40% increase over stock engine.Just wondered have members anywhere had any experience or contact with V F Engineering.

Thanks

After some hunting found an interesting company who can supply the goods to happily blow a 545i.

They are in Anaheim california and the kit looks very impressive.Boosting 6psi and the software reconfigured,they are claiming a 40% increase over stock engine.Just wondered have members anywhere had any experience or contact with V F Engineering.

Thanks

So from ~302 - 420bhp, that's a fair jump. What's the price if you don't mind me asking?

I'd be asking on one of the US forums, much more likely to find people there who've had dealings with them. 40% is about right for 6psi, (ignoring super-charger losses-maybe software makes up a bit of it?). I'd make sure that its going to be fine to run on our petrol, the yanks use a different rating system and I cant remember how the quality compares.

I think our 98 octane = their 93 octane?

Not 100% sure.

Check www.bimmerforums.com about the supercharger kit, lots of supercharged bmw's on there.

Click onto this address and it gives a good rundown on the plans for the N62 engine.Looks like they are a couple of months away from being completly ready to go on this one.

www.vf-engineering.com/pdfs/n62-v8.pdf

So from ~302 - 420bhp, that's a fair jump. What's the price if you don't mind me asking?

333bhp stock.

Having supercharged a late modeled car before I would personally steer clear of a supercharger system, believe me or not but there will be a whole host of issues with this system. First thing to consider is how your stock open diff is going to transfer power and how your gearbox will handle over 550nm when it’s rated for a lot less. The fuelling side of things is where things will become very difficult and expensive.

I would like to do an AFE Intake, Exhaust system, Superchips remap and an LSD, I believe these mods would turn the 545i into a real beast, but retain reliability.

Having looked at their website I would be inclined to believe they have given up on this and I bet its because of ECU hassles or maybe realization that people will most likely fork out the extra for a M5.

Edited by Apex

Having looked at there website I would be inclined to believe they have given up on this and I bet its because of ECU hassles or maybe realization that people will most likely fork out the extra for a M5.

Time may well prove you to be correct,however there are plenty of folk out there who have done the same on the E39 540. One can also understand if there is no demand for a 545 system then delopment would grind to a halt.Lets just watch this space and see what happens.

Thanks

333bhp stock.

My bad, the front page on the e60 on wikipedia states 302, but when you go into the N62B44 it states 333.