Sign in to follow this  
elmarco

Is this the end of Winston....

I know he has come back from the dead before, but how the hell does Winston expect to fear after this latest development (front page of today's Herald or link)?

Surely he would have investigated the claims before telling the Herald to put up or shut up? If he did investigate the Owen Glenn donation and lied about it, who the hell is going to trust him on anything now? And if he didn't investigate at all it is irresponsible, and I wouldn't want him running my government. Sure there is the arguement about plausible deniability, but if that's the case, look where it has left him now.

How can you tell a politician is lying? Their lips are moving....

I know he has come back from the dead before, but how the hell does Winston expect to fear after this latest development (front page of today's Herald or link)?

Surely he would have investigated the claims before telling the Herald to put up or shut up? If he did investigate the Owen Glenn donation and lied about it, who the hell is going to trust him on anything now? And if he didn't investigate at all it is irresponsible, and I wouldn't want him running my government. Sure there is the arguement about plausible deniability, but if that's the case, look where it has left him now.

How can you tell a politician is lying? Their lips are moving....

fare not fear

Winston is a past master at this storm in a teacup thing.I think he will be the MP for Tauraunga again..... no contest this time.

But how long are the voters going to put up with his constant deceiving?

Edited by briancol

Way back in the 90's a friend of mine who works in the political arena, told me (after I commented to her that it appeared Winston was on the way out), not to ever underestimate Winston. He is one of the few politicians that are able to successfully manipulate both the media and public opinion to his own ends. He is a master of the "end game" and while I do not like his style, I don't think we have seen the last of him yet.

I dunno. I don't pay a lot of attention to politics and the dirty tactics, and I know Winston has made an entire career out of this stuff. Still makes me wonder if he might have bitten off more than he can chew and if the people of Tauranga will trust him enough again.

Course, we could be looking at this all wrong. He is a master of the trade and might be manipulating the media for his own benefit. Lts face it, he is on shaky ground if he relies on the party vote to get him back in, and pretty much any publicity is good publicity.

I don't like the man, more so now I am sure he is a liar.

Way back in the 90's a friend of mine who works in the political arena, told me (after I commented to her that it appeared Winston was on the way out), not to ever underestimate Winston. He is one of the few politicians that are able to successfully manipulate both the media and public opinion to his own ends. He is a master of the "end game" and while I do not like his style, I don't think we have seen the last of him yet.

Yes, well put.

Isn't that a politician through and through give you the earth on day and steal it right back the next. What sort of a deal did he do to wrangle the foreign affairs minister job from aunty Helen?.

Allan

My grandparents love him

enough said

He is either dead or this is all orchestrated and there will be a Bob Jones turn around on this and Winston comes out of it peachy clean. Politics are not always obvious

My grandparents love him

It seems every older person does, thats all you see attending his speeches etc.

They just sit there staring lovingly into his eyes then hope to shake his hand afterward.

i rekons hes cool cause if someone questions him

its a nice simple get f**ked

Did we all enjoy a pissed Bob Jones on Close Up tonight? Ya gotta love the man. :P

He is a very intelligent man. I'd hate to get into an argument with him, don't think i'd stand a chance at winning.