Sign in to follow this  
melowpuf

I might change my alarm.....On the other hand hrmmm.

Some of you may have read a post I made a while back in regards to a battle I had with with my car. Well It happened again today but slightly differently and slightly worse. I got locked in my car in the middle of the road waiting at an intersection after work in Parnell.

I finished work and went out to my car and unlocked it as per normal with the remote. I started it up and somehow when I put the key in the ignition it twisted the remote around and put enough pressure on the arm button to activate the panic mode (you have to press the arm button for 5 seconds). I started driving unaware and a few meters up the road I heard the beep of the alarm. Didn't think too much of it and carried on driving, the engine was still going so no need to stop. About a minute up the road I hear several more beeps from the alarm and knew something was not right. Something was about to happen..... AH OH...

The engine died, the doors deadlocked and the window wound up. I tried to start the engine again and knew straight away that the immobilizer had kicked in and I was going nowhere. So here I am at the front of the queue at the intersection, Alarm screaming, trying to deafen me, horn honking (gotta love the e34 horns), unable to start my engine, unable to open my doors, unable to get out of my car. Oh *expletive*. Well many expletives actually. Lots of pushing of the remote buttons later and all the noise stops, but I'm still locked in the car, and still no engine. So from past experience I took the key out of the ignition, put it back in and turned the key and wound the drivers window down, I then climbed out of the window (I didn't get my arm stuck in the window this time, I learned my lesson last time and climbed out first and then took the key out of the ignition and did the whole point and "HAAAAAAA" I beat you at my car as the window wound up). Used the key to unlock the doors which also resets the immobilizer. Waved at the line of cars behind me, jumped back in and drove away.

I'm glad there are still some patient people in this world. I might be sick tomorrow one of my colleagues was a couple of cars behind, and I saw the evil smirk on his face.

AS much as I hate having this happen, I think I still like my alarm. I would love bullet proof glass so I can lock robbers in if they try to steal it. I think I'll keep it.

Edited by melowpuf

That's like one of those "minties moments" isn't it? So funny though...glad you got it sorted. I wouldnt bother getting another alarm, by the sounds of it the one you have works perfectly!!