Sign in to follow this  
hbmonkeyman

How much do you think my car's worth??

Hey well i was thinking about selling my 320i but i decided to go to the experts first before i put a price on it. B)

Uhhmm well it's a 1987 320i Coupe with about 230,000ks on the clock. It's got a few dings around the body (Possibly going to be fixed soon), interior's pretty good, apart from one or two small cracks in the dash and rips in the drivers seat. It's got the factory 14" BMW alloys, which are in pretty good condition. Uhh the engine runs good, just,as i've heard from you guys, the valve clearance needs adjusting.

Uhh that's about all i can think of at the moment, i'll try and get some pics up soon so you can get a better idea of what it looks like. :)

Oh here's a couple old photos i had lying around on my computer. they were taken with a cell phone B)

post-2777-1216890316_thumb.jpg

post-2777-1216890385_thumb.jpg

With a car like this, its worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

Similar cars have been sitting around a long time around the $3k mark. If you want a quick(ish) sale, I would agree with 320guy that you should list it for $1.5-2k.

At the end of the day, what do YOU think it is worth? If you didn't own it and saw it parked up on the street for a for sale sign in the window - how much would you want to pay?

With a car like this, its worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

Similar cars have been sitting around a long time around the $3k mark. If you want a quick(ish) sale, I would agree with 320guy that you should list it for $1.5-2k.

At the end of the day, what do YOU think it is worth? If you didn't own it and saw it parked up on the street for a for sale sign in the window - how much would you want to pay?

Oh true, thanks for that, i'm not really bothered with the length of time it takes to sell, as i still quite like my 320i, so i might clean it up real good and go for the $2000+ mark haha

Oh true, thanks for that, i'm not really bothered with the length of time it takes to sell, as i still quite like my 320i, so i might clean it up real good and go for the $2000+ mark haha

Good luck mate.

Its amazing what cars are going for now, like togates e30 which was a minter but there were no buyers out there unfortunately.

If listing on TM, maybe start the auction price low but keep your reserve highish to see if there are any bids. This may allow you to see how much people are willing to bid.

Another thought... Keep it clean and park it somewhere prominant with a "For Sale" sign in the window. A mate of mine tried to sell his Subaru on Trademe for 3 months without any bites. After having a For Sale sign in the window for a week, he sold it to a chick who saw it parked at Pak'n'Save and loved it!

Good luck mate.

Its amazing what cars are going for now, like togates e30 which was a minter but there were no buyers out there unfortunately.

Haha i don't really mind if it doesn't sell, as it's a nice car to have, so i'm not really in much of a rush to get rid of it.

If listing on TM, maybe start the auction price low but keep your reserve highish to see if there are any bids. This may allow you to see how much people are willing to bid.

Another thought... Keep it clean and park it somewhere prominant with a "For Sale" sign in the window. A mate of mine tried to sell his Subaru on Trademe for 3 months without any bites. After having a For Sale sign in the window for a week, he sold it to a chick who saw it parked at Pak'n'Save and loved it!

Sweet thanks for the advice mate, i'll whip out the cutting compound and polish on saturday haha it'll be so shiny it'll be hard for anyone to miss it B)

Edited by S.J.T.C