Sign in to follow this  
allan

Build sheet

Could some one just clarify for me what these items are as the description I find a little vague. Any help appreciated.

Order options

925 Shipping protection package

823 Hot climate version

807 Japan version

715 M aerodynamic package

705 M sport suspension II

441 Smoker package

204 Drive version export

Series options

853 Language version English.

Cheers Allan

Could some one just clarify for me what these items are as the description I find a little vague. Any help appreciated.

Order options

823 Hot climate version

807 Japan version

441 Smoker package

204 Drive version export

Series options

Cheers Allan

I am pretty sure that the 925 Shipping Protection Package is a rustproofing coating and other protection (eg to the doors/bonnet and wheels) applied during the shipping of its car prior to delivery to the first owner.

807 Japan Version will be the package to make the car compliant to the Japanese market. Eg Smaller numberplate surround, Japanese spec stereo etc.

441 Smoker Package is the cigarette lighters and ashtrays

715 is some ort of body aero dditins

mtech suspension slightly lower and with slightly tiffer sway bars

823..we dicussed this...slightly bigger radiator or similar to cope with higher temperatures?

Easy, most are self explanatory:

Protection during shipping from factory to destination country. Removed once delivered. Ever seen a new car on a transporter? It has paint protection sprayed on, foam buffers on the bumpers and door sills, protection against stone chips on a transporter, covers on the seats etc to keep it clean and new looking during shipping.

823 Hot climate version

A package that includes stronger AC and possibly no heater.

Some cars also have larger radiators and increased engine cooling capacity for hot climates

807 Japan version

The japanese version of the BMW. Radio is different, emission control and gearbox ratios can also be different. Fitted gearbox may be different. Stickers on the car can be in Japanese. Handbook can be Japanese. Numberplate holders are different to match japanese number plate sizes

The aerodynamic package such as body kit, spoiler etc

The suspension package with generally stiffer spings, stiffer anti-sway bars, and possibly lowered slightly.

441 Smoker package

Ashtrays and cigarette lighter fitted.

204 Drive version export

Export version of the BMW, intended for non-German countries.

Series options

All documentation and stickers supplied in English. Even though it is a Japanese car, you can still specify the preferred language

Edited by jochen

Cheyne,Paul and Jochen thank you for the info. It may be simple if you have dealt with this info before but if it is your first time can be a little bewildering no matter problem solved thanks again.

Cheers Allan

Edited by allan

Just curious - regarding 'M Sport Suspension II'... was there a 'M Sport Suspension I' on the E39? Anyone know what the difference is, if so?

Cheyne,Paul and Jochen thank you for the info. It may be simple if you have dealt with this info before but if it is your first time can be a little bewildering no matter problem solved thanks again.

Cheers Allan

yes the options suffer sometimes with translaton i think.