Sign in to follow this  
318is

318 engine bits

Hey. I got a 318 engine in my racking at work that I pulled out of the old mans car a while ago. It spun a few BE bearings, but the top end should be sweet. Single OH cam jobby.

If anyone is interested in any parts off it, let me know and I'll see what he wants for them.

( I recently robbed the water pump off it and put it on his 'second hand motor thou )

M10,M40,M43 are all just OHC. Let me put it another way, is the distributor at the back of the engine pointing up or is it on the end of the cam pointing to the front????

I Got up into the racking yesterday to find a number on the block, but couldnt see one. The only number was 1342 on the Rocker Cover, but that prolly won't help.

The dizzy, I'm SURE, is at the flywheel end. If its not, i'll say so monday when I see it again.

I'll try and ring the old boy today and ask him what engine it is - he may remember since he organised the purchase of the motor. I was just foolish enough to agree to do the swap over for him. ;)

Howdy.

He can't remember but its out of a:

1985 E30. 318i

Hope that helps. Hes open to offers for a sale of the whole shabang.

Don't forget, the bottom end went "shabang" when it siezed on a big end. - but the rest should be sweet.

Guest Andrew

I Got up into the racking yesterday to find a number on the block, but couldnt see one. The only number was 1342 on the Rocker Cover, but that prolly won't help.

The dizzy, I'm SURE, is at the flywheel end. If its not, i'll say so monday when I see it again.

I'll try and ring the old boy today and ask him what engine it is - he may remember since he organised the purchase of the motor. I was just foolish enough to agree to do the swap over for him. ;)

1342 is the firing order...

here is a dirty ole m10 pic i found

post-11-1094442704.jpg