Sign in to follow this  
Hamish Blyth

reprogramme radio from 99 525 e39

i wonder if anyone has has knowledge in reprogramming one of these radios as per picture to explain this car is an ex japan and the radio is #$%^ useless i have fitted a band expander and wish i had not

post-3285-1217903255_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hamish Blyth

i wonder if anyone has has knowledge in reprogramming one of these radios as per picture to explain this car is an ex japan and the radio is #$%^ useless i have fitted a band expander and wish i had not

Talk to "Hotwire" on here, he'll give you the right information... band expanders create more problems

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index.php?showuser=1215

Edited by botanymotorworx

I know these systems inside out, and so does hotwire.

You cannot reprogram a 99 radio (the reprogrammable radios started in 2001)

You must replace the radio module with a Euro-spec version. It is plug and play and easy to replace.

Get a new radio from ebay Germany or ask Mr Friendly hotwire. He has some.

The radio you need is a BMW Business RDS (E39 nav), model PH7851, made by Philips

Like this one

Plug and play. Radio is in the boot, left-hand side "lump" behind the boot lining covering the back of the rear seat.

Make sure you remove, and destroy, the band expander after replacing the radio.

I know these systems inside out, and so does hotwire.

You cannot reprogram a 99 radio (the reprogrammable radios started in 2001)

You must replace the radio module with a Euro-spec version. It is plug and play and easy to replace.

Get a new radio from ebay Germany or ask Mr Friendly hotwire. He has some.

The radio you need is a BMW Business RDS (E39 nav), model PH7851, made by Philips

Like this one

Plug and play. Radio is in the boot, left-hand side "lump" behind the boot lining covering the back of the rear seat.

Make sure you remove, and destroy, the band expander after replacing the radio.

:P thanks for that i am a bit confused is the main radio tuner in the boot and not at the front end?

:P thanks for that i am a bit confused is the main radio tuner in the boot and not at the front end?

Yes, behind the bulge as stated. The monitor in the front is just a dumby - all the control units are in the boot area

Yes, behind the bulge as stated. The monitor in the front is just a dumby - all the control units are in the boot area

thanks i understand you may have replacement turner radio units for sale if so how much ?