Sign in to follow this  
sabbath

help me please

i just bought a bmw 318 1998 and its awesome i love it handling is awesome build quality outstanding,but i cant get the stereo to work it has a tv as well,it was a japanese assembled bmw,cd changer in boot doesnt work,tv does work on one channel,has no setting for nz only australia,only picks up channel 1 but has no audio?im confused as to why no audio,anyone help me?also it has buttons on the steering wheel for audio and they dont seem to do anything,i have put a tape in the tape player and doesnt play it either?also put a cd in the changer in the boot and it wont eject,?doesnt seem to have power?

thanks anyone for input

Edited by sabbath

for the TV japan is different frequency to NZ...something to do with NTC and PAL stuff???correct me if im wrong im unsure, theres some one on here that can get all this stuff going i believe, no doubt someone can tell you his username!

PS welcome to bimmersport, got pics?

Welcome to Bimmersport.

Sorry can't help, post up some pics dude.

hi mate welcome to the forum.were do you stay mate might be able to look at it.i had the same problem and fixed it my self.text me 0212509057.

i just bought a bmw 318 1998 and its awesome i love it handling is awesome build quality outstanding,but i cant get the stereo to work it has a tv as well,it was a japanese assembled bmw,cd changer in boot doesnt work,tv does work on one channel,has no setting for nz only australia,only picks up channel 1 but has no audio?im confused as to why no audio,anyone help me?also it has buttons on the steering wheel for audio and they dont seem to do anything,i have put a tape in the tape player and doesnt play it either?also put a cd in the changer in the boot and it wont eject,?doesnt seem to have power?

thanks anyone for input

Edited by blackbmw