Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Help! 20-25k to spend!!!

Sick of looking at cars that say they are an M3, but when you get into the listing on TM it has 320i, 325i e.t.c.!!!!

My M3 is a sedan, and people are usually surprised to find out it is an M3 - the assumption is its just a badge and kit. Suits me fine.

My M3 is a sedan, and people are usually surprised to find out it is an M3 - the assumption is its just a badge and kit. Suits me fine.

If its a genuine vehicle then theres no issue. I bet it suits you fine until they see the M3 leave the lights crossed up. If it's a M3, its an M3, if its a 318i coupe with M3 badges & listed as for sale as an M3 then its wasting time.

Hi Anthony...

Could you tell me which car sales & what price your talking, I know where theres a convertible M3 E36 but its way overpriced in blue....

Its the place bout 500m north from turners, doesn't look very flash, got a couple of campervans for sale there to. The m3 normally parked out the front.

I think its about $20k, maybe slightly more. No idea of K's though, I'll stop and look next time I go to Burger King lol.

Its the place bout 500m north from turners, doesn't look very flash, got a couple of campervans for sale there to. The m3 normally parked out the front.

I think its about $20k, maybe slightly more. No idea of K's though, I'll stop and look next time I go to Burger King lol.

Roger that, hey can you remember what car yard? Because Turners is on Portsmouth drive & you said Andy Bay road yeah? Haha!

I paid $21k for mine 4 months ago, but it needed a couple of things which were factored into the price (ie, due a service, front tyres, front CA bushings), so equivalent of $22-23k.

I reckon its worth a bit less now - gas isn't cheap. Also, mine's a 4 door, but lower km (110km when I bought it).

I think $20k is a good price for an M3 Evo with those km as long as it gets a close to 100% clean bill of health from a pre-purchase inspection. But then again, I have one and might be biased.

Colour's a bit out there (not that I can talk), and I don't like the wheels personally.

I paid $21k for mine 4 months ago, but it needed a couple of things which were factored into the price (ie, due a service, front tyres, front CA bushings), so equivalent of $22-23k.

I reckon its worth a bit less now - gas isn't cheap. Also, mine's a 4 door, but lower km (110km when I bought it).

I think $20k is a good price for an M3 Evo with those km as long as it gets a close to 100% clean bill of health from a pre-purchase inspection. But then again, I have one and might be biased.

Colour's a bit out there (not that I can talk), and I don't like the wheels personally.

Thanks Cam.

I do think the colour is abit out there myself, it suits the M3 I think, but probably wouldn't suit a VX Landcruiser imo ofcourse, dunno, it's not bad...

Next question, although its probably not a car you purchase for fuel economy, are they bad/good? what are you returning, doesnt bother the guy but thought I'd check anyways.

Cheers.

Slightly under 10l/100km on the open road driving normally, towards 14l/100km driving around town, and overall average 12l/100km (in the overall I'm probably 50:50 town & traffic / motorway & open road.

He shouldn't buy it for fuel economy. It's not terrible (for a 3.2 litre engine making over 300hp), but it's not great.

Slightly under 10l/100km on the open road driving normally, towards 14l/100km driving around town, and overall average 12l/100km (in the overall I'm probably 50:50 town & traffic / motorway & open road.

He shouldn't buy it for fuel economy. It's not terrible (for a 3.2 litre engine making over 300hp), but it's not great.

Nah, as I said it isn't for the economy.

Thats quite impressive to be quite honest, nothing wrong with those figures at all! It's basically a 2.5litre Legacy.

Next question, although its probably not a car you purchase for fuel economy, are they bad/good?

If you ask that question, it proves you're not the right person to own an M3 :-)

BMW is about power and performance - if you want fuel economy, buy a Toyota Prius.

If you ask that question, it proves you're not the right person to own an M3 :-)

BMW is about power and performance - if you want fuel economy, buy a Toyota Prius.

well, they are actually pretty good generally. Toyota Prius' are sh*t...plus remember the environmental effect of not buying a new car

what do Elise's cost in NZ?

Roger that, hey can you remember what car yard? Because Turners is on Portsmouth drive & you said Andy Bay road yeah? Haha!

Sorry my mistake, it's on Portsmouth Drive. Bout 500m up the road, still haven't been past there again.

This just showed up on Trademe:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-171910623.htm

Km getting up a bit, but good price ($19.5k asking), an Evo, hawt wheels...

Hey Cam.

That unit isn't an Evo, & I seen that very car early this morning before I went to work. Being a 3.0 its a standard M3, I'm sure he had it listed as a 3.2 this morning?????

Toyota Prius vs M3 hmmmm jochen.

M3 fuel consumption was purely a question of curiousity :)

This car below is alot more expensive, but what do you critics think of it? Good value at 35 slides?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=171589960

Edited by Deeveus525i

Well apparently it isn't an Evo - it DID have 3200cc when I posted, but I probably should have looked at the year. Not such a flash deal any more.

$35k has to be close for a new low-water mark on the E46 M3. Dodgy colour (I personally don't mind it), and it sounds like it has had a thorough (and expensive) service history ... but may have been thrashed. At least it is NZ new too...

I dunno - $35k is a lot more than $20kish

Well apparently it isn't an Evo - it DID have 3200cc when I posted, but I probably should have looked at the year. Not such a flash deal any more.

$35k has to be close for a new low-water mark on the E46 M3. Dodgy colour (I personally don't mind it), and it sounds like it has had a thorough (and expensive) service history ... but may have been thrashed. At least it is NZ new too...

I dunno - $35k is a lot more than $20kish

Yer, its alot more. But it seems an extra 10k ontop of 20k gets you so much more in the way of performance e.t.c. He may have to spend the extra. He has the money the bastard!

Here's a thread on that Phoenix yellow e46 M3.

If he has the money, and is willing to spend it, why not?

Edited by Quailboy

Here's a thread on that Phoenix yellow e46 M3.

If he has the money, and is willing to spend it, why not?

Thanks Quail, will have a good read to see what the lads think.