Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Help! 20-25k to spend!!!

Friend of mine is after something V8 & european, or aleast something quick for the money. He has a company car already so it will be purely a weekend driver so practicality isn't an issue.

HELP!!!!

M3, M5 or perhaps X5??? Or atleast M's ?

Edited by Deeveus525i

I dont think you'll be getting any of those three at that price will you ?

There is a lovely looking 740i msport on TM at the moment, has everything and if I could sell the touring I would be in there like a flash.

Your probably right, I'll edit that post to include M's

Apart from the price difference, can anyone actually tell me what the difference between a 328i coupe E36 & a BMW M3 E36??? I'm sure this question has been asked before but could someone just clarify???

Cheers.

about 100hp! but seriously, completely different cars. m3 has bigger brakes, different interior, different suspension, and completely different engine.

Whatever you are willing to pay for it I guess, but has been for sale for a while.

I drove this car about two years ago. Went very well then.

BUT - if you are after a second car / toy. Check out this well priced Z3 M, same engine as E36 M3 Evo.

Edited by Crockett

Whatever you are willing to pay for it I guess, but has been for sale for a while.

I drove this car about two years ago. Went very well then.

BUT - if you are after a second car / toy. Check out this well priced Z3 M, same engine as E36 M3 Evo.

Toy is what we are after :) Nice rare car but they are an odd looking unit those Z3's 1900cc version or not lol. Thanks :)

M3 has another 1000rpm ... and its all more powa!

That silver car looks pretty nice. In my opinion thw seller would need to accept a grand or two less than $20k, with towards $20k justified by relatively low km, good condition and NZ new.

M3 has another 1000rpm ... and its all more powa!

That silver car looks pretty nice. In my opinion thw seller would need to accept a grand or two less than $20k, with towards $20k justified by relatively low km, good condition and NZ new.

So if we got that silver M3 for 15k we'd be winning?

Do they have twin airbags or is that an option?

So if we got that silver M3 for 15k we'd be winning?

Do they have twin airbags or is that an option?

Certainly, but I reckon you don't have much chance unless they're desperate.

I dunno if it has two airbags. Mine does, but it looks like that doesn't have a passenger airbag - I can't really see in the pic.

Check out www.bmwmregistry.com for heaps of info on them - it's a Euro spec:

http://www.bmwmregistry.com/model_faq.php?id=14

you might get an e34 M5 for that..if the red one is is still in chch they would prolly take 25 by now

you might get an e34 M5 for that..if the red one is is still in chch they would prolly take 25 by now

Are you talking about the same red one that was at Paul Kelly? I've seen that car, excellent condition, he had over 30k on it when we were there. Had a nice Ferrari not sure which model as I'm not up with the play on them, there aswell.

Theres a red e36 m3 on Anderson Bay Road for sale, at a car yard thing.

Worth a look.

Are you talking about the same red one that was at Paul Kelly? I've seen that car, excellent condition, he had over 30k on it when we were there. Had a nice Ferrari not sure which model as I'm not up with the play on them, there aswell.

not sure i think it was for sale privately for a while but yes i think its at a dealer now...prolly cant be described as a 'nice" car but they were a pretty serious 4 door in their day and relatively rare too.Wether that translates to better resale???? Edited by kiwi535

Theres a red e36 m3 on Anderson Bay Road for sale, at a car yard thing.

Worth a look.

Hi Anthony...

Could you tell me which car sales & what price your talking, I know where theres a convertible M3 E36 but its way overpriced in blue....

Certainly, but I reckon you don't have much chance unless they're desperate.

You should be able to buy that silver car for close to $15k. Has been for sale for a very long time. That mint red one which was discussed here recently was (from memory) about $17k.

You should be able to buy that silver car for close to $15k. Has been for sale for a very long time. That mint red one which was discussed here recently was (from memory) about $17k.

Do you have a TM link to the red one? It's not the one with 225km? Wouldn't be interested with those k's

If I was looking for a weekend car and had 25k to spend I would go for a mint 3.2 E36 M3 EVO Manual. Or one of these they really are a fantastic drive.

if you really want a v8 20 to 25 puts you well into e 39 540 territiory

If I was looking for a weekend car and had 25k to spend I would go for a mint 3.2 E36 M3 EVO Manual. Or one of these they really are a fantastic drive.

Had a Porsche Boxster & I was hassled by friends that it was too much of a hair dressers car lol!

A handfull of M3's around

Sick of looking at cars that say they are an M3, but when you get into the listing on TM it has 320i, 325i e.t.c.!!!!

Edited by Deeveus525i

We've bought a E46 BMW M3, however we havn't got round to payment yet, so was just wondering if there was anything to look for on the car. Its an 2003 done 70km, SMG transmission, , work history involves a new alternator, front discs, pads e.t.c.

Can anyone in the know give me a heads up of what to look for with the vehicle?

Friend of mine is after something V8 & european, or aleast something quick for the money. He has a company car already so it will be purely a weekend driver so practicality isn't an issue.

HELP!!!!

M3, M5 or perhaps X5??? Or atleast M's ?

Assumed it was for a friend.

Assumed it was for a friend.

I've got an E46 coming from Auckland as we speak.

Friend of mine has the money to spend on a E36 M3 or similar caliber vehicle.

Cheers