Sign in to follow this  
Schnitzer740

PERFORMANCE ADVICE PLEASE!

Hey every one I've just bought my fist bimmer. Its a 97 740i M62 on 20's, full AC Schnitzer body kit.

I want to do some exhaust work first, then ECU and intake. Can anybody help please? Who are the best BMW performance mechanics/exhaust shops?

Thanks for your help, see you on the road!

I dont think for the money you will spend on modding the intake/exhaust/ecu you will appreciate the gains (if any) compared to modding a turbo japper in the same way. These cars are pretty much as good as they can get out of the box.. unless you wanna get a supercharger kit $ :D $

If you want to open the v8 sound up a bit just pop in to a pit stop or any exhaust shop really and they should be able to help.

I dont think for the money you will spend on modding the intake/exhaust/ecu you will appreciate the gains (if any) compared to modding a turbo japper in the same way. These cars are pretty much as good as they can get out of the box.. unless you wanna get a supercharger kit $ :D $

If you want to open the v8 sound up a bit just pop in to a pit stop or any exhaust shop really and they should be able to help.

Ok cheers - nice "Tool" quote.

I cut the two rear mufflers off mine and replaced with straight pipes. It didn't make any 'performance' difference but gave it a nice burble. If you are in Auckland, go and see Lance at Pitstop Greenlane, he is awesome.