Sign in to follow this  
User Name

Brakes+part numbers

hay guys

i recently got some brakes off hellbm (thanks ray) but the one thing that is confusing me is both brakes have the same part number and they dont match up to any of part numbers i can find,

the part number i can see off the caliperis 60 28 309 -im not doubting ray at allthat they are theright brakes just dont want to go and buy rotors then find out they dont fit,

the brakes are sposed to be off a 540i, still think its weird they have same part number that shouldnt matter at all right

cheersguys

hay guys

i recently got some brakes off hellbm (thanks ray) but the one thing that is confusing me is both brakes have the same part number and they dont match up to any of part numbers i can find,

the part number i can see off the caliperis 60 28 309 -im not doubting ray at allthat they are theright brakes just dont want to go and buy rotors then find out they dont fit,

the brakes are sposed to be off a 540i, still think its weird they have same part number that shouldnt matter at all right

cheersguys

From what I remember, the 28 is the thickness & 309 is the diameter of the discs calipers can accomodate.

E34 540's are 300x28 aren't they? Sounds about right then.

Edited by E30-323ti

Thanks guys

yea i got the details but the do look aftermarket from like "AFT or something like that cant really read that but should be all good, once my other brakes arrive ill let you know, how well it stops lolz

Thanks guys

yea i got the details but the do look aftermarket from like "AFT or something like that cant really read that but should be all good, once my other brakes arrive ill let you know, how well it stops lolz

ATE maybe? They make the majority of brake components for BMW's (definitely in that era).

They should be the right items, 60 will be the piston size. ie mine say 57/25 and have 57mm bore and 25mm rotors. and glenns right with the 540i rotor size too.