Sign in to follow this  
byza213

would a battery charger charge a flat battery?

worth a try....the e34 battery will be well over a hundred...(if its like mine)Make sure the water level(distilled is best) is over the plates and give it a try.You will be able to go day to day but if a cell has gone,a cold night a short lights on episode will drain it.

worth a try....the e34 battery will be well over a hundred...(if its like mine)Make sure the water level(distilled is best) is over the plates and give it a try.You will be able to go day to day but if a cell has gone,a cold night a short lights on episode will drain it.

yea it jump starts fine but as soon as i switch it off shes gone?should i take it out and charge it ?

or maybe someone got one with life around i could buy off em till i buy a brand new one?

When this happened to my E39, I took it to the dealer for recharging and evaluation. They had the car for a day for recharging, and only cost $50. The best thing was the battery stooped being a problem anymore.

When this happened to my E39, I took it to the dealer for recharging and evaluation. They had the car for a day for recharging, and only cost $50. The best thing was the battery stooped being a problem anymore.

but if i got a charger try charge it for 12 hours apparently and also check the water ?maybe it mite come back to life?

yea it jump starts fine but as soon as i switch it off shes gone?should i take it out and charge it ?

or maybe someone got one with life around i could buy off em till i buy a brand new one?

It might be the alternator that is the problem. When you jump start it again you should check the charge rate.. should be around 14 volts

It might be the alternator that is the problem. When you jump start it again you should check the charge rate.. should be around 14 volts

Yea could be but i had a 525i last year and my alternator was gone and it had dime lights and low as power when i jump started it and it couldnt even go over 50 so im guessing it might not be this time it drives fine

how do i check the rate anyway? im going to try my mates battery in abit to see if its the battery or the alternator

Edited by e34play