Sign in to follow this  
ducatiss

Need peoples opinions on headlight adjustment

Have noticed that my local garage keeps adjusting the headlights on my E30 either every WOF or every second check. They charge me for this service. They do they same on my Toyota. between the last two warrants, my E30 had covered less than a thousand km's and the lights were adjusted again. Is this a common thing for WOF checks, and do lights actually go out of adjustment once they have been set?

Have noticed that my local garage keeps adjusting the headlights on my E30 either every WOF or every second check. They charge me for this service. They do they same on my Toyota. between the last two warrants, my E30 had covered less than a thousand km's and the lights were adjusted again. Is this a common thing for WOF checks, and do lights actually go out of adjustment once they have been set?

Sounds very suspicious. If the adjusters are working as they should be then no they shouldn't need continual realighning.

Has the E30 got the inside load adjustment control for headlights? - Some WOF muppets don't know about these.

No load adjuster. I'm also very suspicious. I feel like marking all the adjusters before the next wod and comparing them afterward.

At my last warrant the guy adjusted my headlights... didn't charge me though. I take my car to a testing station though... that way they don't just go ahead and fix stuff that is wrong then charge me an arm and a leg for the privilege.