Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

M3 Fell through :(

Aint lost a dime :) Made money, its about buying them right otherwise the wife wouldn't let me do it and/or I'd be bankrupt lol :):):)

What about the Touareg? I'm sure you bought that from a dealer, but then $1 reserved it on TM?

I don't think people were purposely poking sh*t your way.

The M3 and the X5 are very different cars, and I think it was just a bit surprising to some people that once considering the M3 you went for the X5. So don't get offended by people acting a bit weird, the M3 is a dream car to some and they would take it over a X5.

Of course what you want to buy is your own decision, but remember posting on a public forum, people have opinions and thoughts. Although people should restrict what they post a bit more IMO.

I personally want to see pic's of this beast B) Sounds a minter mate.

edit: And enjoy the drive back to Dunners (Lucky bugger!!) ;)

I've got the thickest skin and it never bothered me whatsoever. I just can't understand how some would go to the extent of posting such opinions. All the same as you say, this is a forum where healthy debate is a must, but as I said, some of it wasn't needed. It is my decision what car I buy & it should stop at that, now if I'd bought a M3 and put cragers on it & painted it matt black, then I'd expect sh*t to be hung lol

I'm interested in quality & performance, not necessarily performance 100% The M3 I had lined up was a good opportunity at a great price which fell through obviously, hence the thread then the X5 came up and I couldn't pass it up, always wanted one but could never quite afford one.

What about the Touareg? I'm sure you bought that from a dealer, but then $1 reserved it on TM?

I made money on the Touareg, bought it from a wholesaler who was desperate to move it after having it 4-5 months from memory. Alot of the cars I sell mate head to queenstown where the money seems to be.

Jeremy, stop trying to start a fight. If the bloke wants to chop and change his cars every five minutes thats up to him.

Im personally getting a little tired of the TM threads were people with nothing better to do just start stiring the pot.

There is no reason to lock this thread if everyone plays nice.

I've got the thickest skin and it never bothered me whatsoever. I just can't understand how some would go to the extent of posting such opinions. All the same as you say, this is a forum where healthy debate is a must, but as I said, some of it wasn't needed. It is my decision what car I buy & it should stop at that, now if I'd bought a M3 and put cragers on it & painted it matt black, then I'd expect sh*t to be hung lol

I'm interested in quality & performance, not necessarily performance 100% The M3 I had lined up was a good opportunity at a great price which fell through obviously, hence the thread then the X5 came up and I couldn't pass it up, always wanted one but could never quite afford one.

I made money on the Touareg, bought it from a wholesaler who was desperate to move it after having it 4-5 months from memory. Alot of the cars I sell mate head to queenstown where the money seems to be.

This thread has intrigued me lol like why is camb getting all shitty about this guy buying an X5? It's not as though he traded an M3 for an X5, he just missed out on an M3 but saw the good deal on another great BMW. And it's not as though he can't ever own an M3 just because he's bought an X5. In the end it's his own decision and i think it's a pretty good one seeing as he still came out of it with a great car haha

Haha yeap there's my 2c lol

Jeremy, stop trying to start a fight. If the bloke wants to chop and change his cars every five minutes thats up to him.

Im personally getting a little tired of the TM threads were people with nothing better to do just start stiring the pot.

There is no reason to lock this thread if everyone plays nice.

Last thing I am trying to do is start a fight. I'm very impressed that a private punter can make money when dealing in this price range. If I knew how to do so, I wouldn't be driving the old banger I do now.

Look I'm sorry if its come across as obnoxious - like I said I can see the positives to the X5, but I still thought it was a pretty strange choice when I thought Deeveus525i was looking for a weekend toy. There was confusion - he's posted about getting an M3 (E46) and looking at an M3 for a mate (E36).

I also take the view that you take the good and the bad when you post your ride up on the internet. Mine's been criticised in this thread - including by me - and it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

It's not as though he traded an M3 for an X5

I actually know someone that traded an E60 M5 for an E92 M3, then an E63 M6 and then an E60 525 haha ... all within 7 months !!!!!!!! Some people just enjoy losing loads of money I think.

Anyway that was a bit off topic - congrates on the purchase !!! Now we just need photos.

I think those who know me here will remember that I've had about 5 cars this year alone, I like most euro cars & will own a M3 one day, but at that stage, the deal wasn't right & it never went through. I'm an opportunist & the X5 was bought for just over 20k & that is a superb price for such a vehicle!

20k for an X5 is bloody good!

Hi mate, I like the x5, but where did you pay only 20k to get your x5? on TM? it's unbelievable.

(Late) congrats on the X5, they are an excellent SUV, and the SportPac corners very well, it just has to be driven a bit different to a car. I drove most of the competition before buying my X5, and nothing else came close for handling and power in the same price range.

Edited by Aaron Martin