Sign in to follow this  
mikey_86

head light troubles

ok.. problem..

low beams will just turn off randomly or, wont turn on with the switch and will just randomly turn on if switch is left on, sumtimes playing with the switch will get them to work but still will turn of randomly, high beams work fine, haven't noticed any probs with the tail or fog lights.

any advice is more than welcome here

I knew I should have joined this forum earlier. I had the same issue with my e34. Low beam would turn of randomly, turn off the main switch, turn it back on and they'd work. Started to annoy me a little too much and I found that if you tapped the main fuse box the right way, they'd stay on fine. Eventually I tracked it down to the LKM, opened it up and found that one relay had the worst solder job ever. Resoldered it and now works fine.

If you are going to do this, make sure you have a temp controlled soldering iron. A standard one WILL cook the circuit board and then you'll have to purchase a new LKM (I imagine it would be BIG money).

i have some good LKM modules .

call ah 021433600.

in papakura