Sign in to follow this  
swiggs

My 740i

What do you guys think of this car?

Am I asking a fair price?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=172700361

Mate,I think your price is fine but the problem is the "gas guzzler "perception is alive & well & making it really hard to sell larger cars(as you no doubt already know).

There was a tidy one for sale here recently which I think ended up going for around 4k & joshNZ in Palmy has a nice one & hasn't been able to sell.

I've got a spare? 540 which I havent even bothered advertising because there are so many for sale at the moment & they're not really moving

To be honest,if you've got the opportunity to trade,you might be better off to just take the hit & move on-as much as it sucks.

AND-we need some pix of the M-sport.

the reason i ask is someone has offered me 5k for it tonight am just unsure. I dont worry myself on gas prices. Im a bit of a petrol head but love my luxuray cars. Although for 21 I get some unusual looks for owning a car like this.

Do you think i should take the 5K and run.

Then buy the 540 m

its realistic for hte stuff thats been done to it, despite the high km's it sounds like its been well serviced. I think you should ask him to meet half way and you'll take it. The 7's are getting very hard to sell.

I think you should take the $5k personally.

You could try a no reserve auction, you may get more than you are asking as people get caught up in the moment when they see the little red flag.

no reserve auctions prob over hte last few months, seen a 740i on 140km's go for $4k and a 730i go for $3300 - prices are diminishing.

Haha yes thats definatley true. There is just something about thinking your getting a bargin where as in more cases than not you end up not getting a bargin. Will keep u posted on how the sale of this goes.

Seven series are hard to sell. And seem so cheap in general for what they are. In my opionion they are far better than a ford or holden of the same price. NO offence for or holden lovers

the reason i ask is someone has offered me 5k for it tonight am just unsure. I dont worry myself on gas prices. Im a bit of a petrol head but love my luxuray cars. Although for 21 I get some unusual looks for owning a car like this.

Then buy the 540 m

TAKE IT !!!! Do you want risk moving on for a lousy 500. :lol:

You're a 21 yr old real estate agent that drives a 740?Sounds like you're onto it! :o

yes i think it will be sold for 5 grand.

But WOW you know my job even. Bloody internet, none of our lives are safe anymore.. LOL

But thanks for the compliment.:)

YES. Take the money and run... If its not too late!

yes i think it will be sold for 5 grand.

But WOW you know my job even. Bloody internet, none of our lives are safe anymore.. LOL

But thanks for the compliment.:)

I was watching your car when you first put it on TM-I was looking at the time-& your pix were taken outside your office so I put 2 &2 together.

So no,not the internet just my astounding deduction skills!!! LOL

I was on the phone to him when I was posting this.

So not to late.

Just it is such a good car. S**t the new trans cost me 5k and the shop 3k for their stuff up. Maybe selling of the parts to these cars would be more economic than selling the entire car.

I was watching your car when you first put it on TM-I was looking at the time-& your pix were taken outside your office so I put 2 &2 together.

So no,not the internet just my astounding deduction skills!!! LOL

So your just very observant. Thats pretty good. But I must say the old pics didnt do it alot of justice. One thing with this car is its colour is forever dirty and without guards its just a disaster as soon as it hits wet roads!!

So your just very observant. Thats pretty good. But I must say the old pics didnt do it alot of justice. One thing with this car is its colour is forever dirty and without guards its just a disaster as soon as it hits wet roads!!

Try owning a black one!!!

yes both five and sevens are very good value,as both are suffering from the petrol price thing...however unles you are comparing one of the to a small car i dont think the difference is all that great..just a perception thing IMO,that and the fact that mot people think all euro crs have very dear parts /servicing