Sign in to follow this  
mackt

The new toy

Finally managed to get the car washed after the roadtrip down from Auckland.

post-1717-1219568317_thumb.jpg

post-1717-1219568335_thumb.jpg

post-1717-1219568358_thumb.jpg

post-1717-1219568384_thumb.jpg

Nice ! & a real exhaust too-does it sound good?

Nice ! & a real exhaust too-does it sound good?

In 3rd with foot thru floor - it makes the best sound - opps thats inside the car.

It sounds like there is something going on the outside too!

Magic, a big fan of the 540's I just came back from Auckland picking up my BMW aswell, flew up Friday morning, caught the ferry at 7:30pm that night, then stayed in Blenheim, drove thru to Akaroa & stayed there the night, had a few traditional beers & home early this afternoon.

I'm fairly sure it has the same engine as my X5 aswell, is it the 4.4 ?

Stats are fairly impressive for them too: 213kw & 419nm, X5 is similar but with 440nm & 0-100 in 7.5 seconds slightly slower than the X5 for some reason.

Enjoy, a very nice unit you've got yourself!

In 3rd with foot thru floor - it makes the best sound - opps thats inside the car.

It sounds like there is something going on the outside too!

I drive with a window down a bit just for the aural pleasure. :wub:

Magic, a big fan of the 540's I just came back from Auckland picking up my BMW aswell, flew up Friday morning, caught the ferry at 7:30pm that night, then stayed in Blenheim, drove thru to Akaroa & stayed there the night, had a few traditional beers & home early this afternoon.

I'm fairly sure it has the same engine as my X5 aswell, is it the 4.4 ?

Stats are fairly impressive for them too: 213kw & 419nm, X5 is similar but with 440nm & 0-100 in 7.5 seconds slightly slower than the X5 for some reason.

Enjoy, a very nice unit you've got yourself!

That drive is the best isn't it.

Yep It's the 4.4 beautiful bit of engineering.

Yep, nice car - good on you, enjoy!!

In the X5 version there's power all the way from 1000rpm till the red line, brilliant engine & I averaged without a word of a lie, 11.6l / 100km all the way back!

In the X5 version there's power all the way from 1000rpm till the red line, brilliant engine & I averaged without a word of a lie, 11.6l / 100km all the way back!

l

I'm really impressed with the petrol consumption. I went to Dunedin on Friday got 27 MPG (10.4/110km) very wet so cruised up.

I had a "spirited" drive back on dry road = 25 MPG = 11.2l/100km

Pretty much the same as my 3 litre Outback and makes my old 3.5l V6 Mitsi challanger look like it had a drinking problem (18mpg on a good day)

l

I'm really impressed with the petrol consumption. I went to Dunedin on Friday got 27 MPG (10.4/110km) very wet so cruised up.

I had a "spirited" drive back on dry road = 25 MPG = 11.2l/100km

Pretty much the same as my 3 litre Outback and makes my old 3.5l V6 Mitsi challanger look like it had a drinking problem (18mpg on a good day)

Ouch, a Challenger? How many times was it at the repair shop lol?

In sport mode on the way to Akaroa I had the X5's wheels screaching in the WET!!! & it lifted the consumption up to 17l/100km but given that I was feeding it to it, its not a bad figure.

Definetley a better product BMW vs Mitsubishi.