Sign in to follow this  
Sammy J

Something that may interest you all

a while ago i showed you a few pics of the 1970 chevy camaro my dad and i were building, well its almost finished now and i took it to my school formal last weekend and had some photos taken before hand. just thought id show you the progress.

post-2328-1220336222_thumb.jpg

post-2328-1220336274_thumb.jpg

post-2328-1220336289_thumb.jpg

post-2328-1220336306_thumb.jpg

wow that looks tough as mate!!

would have been something special to be a part of the whole build.

i love those cowl bonnets

rims really suit the colour!

NIIIICEEE

btw any other bimmersporters have any American muscle sitting in their garages at all?

yeh it was great mate especially being able to do things that i wanted to the car just subtle thing the most would notice and its really satisfying. thanks for your comments mate, it makes all the hard long hours worth it.

we also have a few other american cars. grandad has a caddilac coupe deville for sale if anyones interested

a while ago i showed you a few pics of the 1970 chevy camaro my dad and i were building, well its almost finished now and i took it to my school formal last weekend and had some photos taken before hand. just thought id show you the progress.

yeah thats a nice camaro mate

nice head lights to hehe

nice head lights to hehe

haha im assuming your talking bout the girl?? lol yeh they are nice mate

cheers

Nice photo shoot in the city. Great looking car you say "almost finished' whats left to do?. I like the interior colour, is that leather or vinyl? Lucky girlfriend, you both look good in your ball outfits. :)

Adam

Wow that's a very nice car lol it's good to see something different on here as (Dare i say it) i've seen so many modded BMWs it's sorta getting a little repetitive :P

So what are your plans with this Beast? Are you gonna take it to shows and stuff? It looks like it could definately be a prize winner lol B)

Badass!!

There is something special about a black 60's/70's muscle car. Even tastier when you know it is a big block :) .

EDIT: How much work was it to get that CHMSL into the bootlid?

Edited by elmarco

Looks Great!

What colour is that exactly? I like it. From the photo's it dosen't look like a straight black!

Rich.

EDIT: Actually looking at it again it probably is straight black?

Edited by bezzal

Nice car you guys have there, not so much a fan of the second generation Camaro but at least its early seventies.

What engine does it have?

That Camaro is awesome, thanks for the pics.

I'm a huge fan of old american muscle.

Cheers

Grant

Its 502ci or 8.2Ltrs! Oh my, I bet it pulls.

Nice photo shoot in the city. Great looking car you say "almost finished' whats left to do?. I like the interior colour, is that leather or vinyl? Lucky girlfriend, you both look good in your ball outfits. :)

Adam

Well it has Air ride suspension in the back with a four link rear end and a brank new mossier positrac diff, we bought air ride gear for the front too so that has to be put in, the stereo put in and the boot boxed and trimmed then paint touched up and it will be finished. Thanks mate

Adam

oh and yes the whole interior is leather, red on front and back seats and inserts in doors and black leather everwhere else with red stitching

Wow that's a very nice car lol it's good to see something different on here as (Dare i say it) i've seen so many modded BMWs it's sorta getting a little repetitive :P

So what are your plans with this Beast? Are you gonna take it to shows and stuff? It looks like it could definately be a prize winner lol B)

haha well we have numerous projects on the go all the time usually.

NZV8 want to do a cover car story on it, and so does street machine. so we will be entering in all the big shows and we hope to win some prizes

Badass!!

There is something special about a black 60's/70's muscle car. Even tastier when you know it is a big block :) .

EDIT: How much work was it to get that CHMSL into the bootlid?

yeah mate brand new 502 is amazing, its got a 4 speed overdrive trans too so its reallg good ratios. it will be about 750hp and 800ft/lbs of torque once its run in and tuned.

It was a wee bit of work Ie choosing the right shape light and then getting it to look right but we did led lights all round the car so it was well worth the effort

Beautiful Camaro dude! Looks awesome.

We used to own a mint blue with white striped '69 Camaro SS- I loved it but this looks the business.

Looks Great!

What colour is that exactly? I like it. From the photo's it dosen't look like a straight black!

Rich.

EDIT: Actually looking at it again it probably is straight black?

its actually a custom color we had made up but in some lights it looks black but when the sun gets on it you see almost green/gold. has anyone noticed the subtle different color stripes?

Its 502ci or 8.2Ltrs! Oh my, I bet it pulls.

yeah it sure is mate. its a beautiful engine. brand new with all the good bits on it (roller rockers, four bolt mains and alloy heads) its running a mild tune at the moment for running i in (only done 34 miles) but it sould bee 750hp and 800 ish ft/lbs of torque once she is run in and tuned properly on a dyno. We will be taking it to Auckland for shows at some point and id be happy to take you guys for a ride if anyone is keen. ill keep you posted when we are going up

Wow, What a mean car!

Your dad sounds like hes crazy about american cars like my dad.

I should scan some pictures of his old cars..

But from what I can recall off the top of my head hes had a few mustangs, back in the early 80's he had a white fastback and mum had a convertible one.

also

-Matt grey Ford Jailbar

-80's Z28 Camaro

- numerous other things! I'll find pictures and more info

By the way how long did it take you to build it?

Wow, What a mean car!

Your dad sounds like hes crazy about american cars like my dad.

I should scan some pictures of his old cars..

But from what I can recall off the top of my head hes had a few mustangs, back in the early 80's he had a white fastback and mum had a convertible one.

also

-Matt grey Ford Jailbar

-80's Z28 Camaro

- numerous other things! I'll find pictures and more info

By the way how long did it take you to build it?

well it was my idea to do a camaro and its sorta more of a tough boys car but he was as keen as i was cause he always wanted one since he was a kid. It took dad and i two years to completly rebuild it like every nut and bolt is new. Aww yeh? ok that would be good mate id love to see

i have a 85 dodge ram van witha a 6litre hemi v8 in it which we use for towing the race cars and doing targas with. also just sold a c10 chevy which had a 454 big block in it and a 2500 silverado. next project is either an e-type jag of a jensen interceptor or we are quite keen to do a manuel v8 2 door e30 to the same standard or a 630 with all modern running gear.

Edited by Sammy J

yeah mate brand new 502 is amazing, its got a 4 speed overdrive trans too so its reallg good ratios. it will be about 750hp and 800ft/lbs of torque once its run in and tuned.

It was a wee bit of work Ie choosing the right shape light and then getting it to look right but we did led lights all round the car so it was well worth the effort

502 crate motor - nice! Not too many people prepared to spend money on big block power at the moment. I like your thinking - if you are gonna do it, go the whole hog...

There is no replacement for displacement! ;)

I have always loved the early Camaros and would gladly trade the 330 for a '68 RS 396 4 speed.....