Sign in to follow this  
Court M3

wtf? OBC and stereo stay on after turning off car

Ok guys just changed out the alternator in the car and for some odd reason even after I turn off the car the OBC and radio stay on. Check panel lights are also on.

Also the drivers side will not lock for some reason. Key will not turn it. Could this be a bad key or ignition tubmbler? Anyone think they might be tied in together?

Need help this area is high crime and I have to keep the car unlocked all night and the battery disconnected obviously to turn off the OBC and check engine lights.

I had a problem with my accesories circuit where things stayed on when i took out the keys. Couldn't alarm my car because of it, and if it did arm, I couldn't disarm it etc.

I ended up tracing it back to a faulty hazard light switch of all things. Actually went through the electrics under the dash etc. Replaced the switch and I was away laughing. You may have wiring arching somewhere? (sorry don't know the correct term, plus I'm no auto-electrician).