Sign in to follow this  
Grant

Everybody Please Read

Hello All

Please read and understand the following.

As Admins and Moderators Andrew, Dave, Glenn, Gus and Damian and I have decided that we need to toughen up a bit on the forums and stop them degenerating into mindless arguements.

This means the following:

1) As soon as posts on a thread go too far off topic, they will be deleted or the thread locked.

2) Any posts that involve offensive or derogatory comments towards other forum members will be deleted straight away.

3) Mindless banter between two individuals that do not contribute anything useful to a thread will be deleted, that is the job of PM'ing or MSN, keep it away from the forums.

4) Any posts that appear to be an obvious attempt to increase your number of posts, with out contributing anything useful will be deleted. There are no prizes for having the most posts. Some of the most helpful members on here have relatively few posts.

5) The admin/ moderators have agreed to lead by example, please do not hesitate to complain to any of us, if we fail to do so.

6) All Off Topic posts belong in the Off Topic forum, however, if a thread looks like a deliberate attempt to stir an arguement, or give another member grief (apart from in a good natured way) then these will be locked/deleted straight away.

7) Any lack of respect or common courtesy towards another member will be dealt with.

8) Good jokes, funny pictures, interesting non-BMW facts etc are welcome in the Off-Topic forum, but please remember to place appropriate warnings in the title for anything that may cause concern, or is NWS.

9) One last thing, that we are all very sick of hearing about the fact tha *sic (Damian) has a Honda, get over it, I personally am sick to death of nearly every new member in here thinking that abusing his Honda, or attempting to make fun of the fact that Damien has a Honda makes them the shizzle. The fact of the matter is that the CRX is a faster, better handling, and in better condition than most of our cars, and if I owned it I sure as hell would be proud to have it.

Please remember that we are all here for a common purpose, and there are no prizes for putting someone down, abusing someone else or pwning them (you just come off looking like dicks).

Any questions, suggestions etc, please feel free to PM me or any other moderator.

Hope that clears some stuff up.

Cheers

Guest Spargo

shizzle

you heard it here first. A grown man using this word.

Back OT: Good call guys, i've been thinking along the same lines for a while now.

Good.

Lets get on with whats more important to us................ the Cars! :)

Good call...

Fair points made there, I know I am guilty of adding sh*t to the whole mess, but I will try to refrian... (as I somehow managed to after carls questions in the "got fat" thread.... Some of the answers i came up with for them....)

With the editing of the posts... Ok, sure it can be funny, but is this not the same as someone coming in and calling someone gay or the "Mindless banter" (good way of putting it Grant) that was refered to earlier? If someone posts somthing that is a bit off, then sure delete it or delete the part that is offensive or off, but modifiying it to make it look like someone has actually written it themselves (like whoever it was that changed my profile....), I think is not leading by example...

Dont get me wrong, I think the Moderators/admin do a great job, but I have noticed (as Im sure a good many others have too) that things are starting to head downhill again - I actually went to start a topic along these lines a few nights ago, principally owning up to posting some crap, but then going on to say that its on the long slippery slope to crap.....

I think that if everyone were to treat this forum as the valuable resource that it is, it could be a beautiful thing (again)... I know that I am proud to say that Im part of an online group of BMW enthusiasts (even if they dont all drive BMWs, we know they all love them.... eh Sic!!!) after all, thats why we're all here isnt it?

Now how bout we all have a :beer: and get back to what we love, which is :beer: :drugs: :pimp: :mosh: and BMWs (and everything else on wheels - look at my DX, its got a face not even its owner could love!!! but its a great wee car!!)

There, said my bit, got a bit wavey in the middle, but I think if you read it thru a couple of times you can see what Im saying....

Cheers guys - awsome job and stuff :mosh:

Oh, and

shizzle

you heard it here first. A grown man using this word.

Class sam, pure class!!! :lol: