Sign in to follow this  
Beeker2

E60 M5 and Maintence costs

If there any big ticket maintence jobs on the V10 and at what milage intervals?

ie Cam belts at low kms (like my RS4 at 60km!) etc ?

Just considering the upgrade.

Second hand info but if you are purchasing out of warranty take it easy on the launch control, apparently the clutches are quite pricy to replace, as are the tires.

I would recommend NZ new with full service/maintenance/update documentation, NZ new will also ensure the navigation and a few other Oceania specific options will work.

Not necessarily, I ask questions before purchasing cars.. I for one was shocked to hear about the weak clutches and high maintenance/preventative costs on the M5, car mags will tell you how great they are but will have no idea what they are actually like to live with where owners (owner) on here will.

The M5 does have over 500bhp without the aid of a charger so the engine is highly tuned so one would expect quite high service costs.

Try calling Glenn at Botany Motor Works (forum sponsor) he knows a thing or two about the M5/6 and could probably give you a few pointers.

Why find out the hard ($$$$$$) way.

Not necessarily, I ask questions before purchasing cars.. I for one was shocked to hear about the weak clutches and high maintenance/preventative costs on the M5, car mags will tell you how great they are but will have no idea what they are actually like to live with where owners (owner) on here will.

The M5 does have over 500bhp without the aid of a charger so the engine is highly tuned so one would expect quite high service costs.

Try calling Glenn at Botany Motor Works (forum sponsor) he knows a thing or two about the M5/6 and could probably give you a few pointers.

Why find out the hard ($$$$$$) way.

its a hard thing to quantify.I have done quite a lot of research into E39 M5 and if you beleive what you read on the net they are nightmares of cars to own,but i have asked a M5 owner straight up and he has had no problems in 120 000 ks "apart from a set of sensors".But These are serious cars and some parts are more expensive than the run of the mill counterparts...I think it fair to say they WILL be expensive to run

its a hard thing to quantify.I have done quite a lot of research into E39 M5 and if you beleive what you read on the net they are nightmares of cars to own

Thats always the case though. Its the same with the e32 750, everyone will tell you they are terrible and that there is two of everything which doubles the cost, blah blah blah.

I have at least a dozen friends in the UK (including myself) who had nothing but trouble free motoring for years with them.

It only takes one person to start complaining to spoil the whole party.

Thats always the case though. Its the same with the e32 750, everyone will tell you they are terrible and that there is two of everything which doubles the cost, blah blah blah.

I have at least a dozen friends in the UK (including myself) who had nothing but trouble free motoring for years with them.

It only takes one person to start complaining to spoil the whole party.

thats right....its the people witht hte problems who post,so you see a whole page of problems,but what about the other thousand(s),however certain themes become evident(say Mafs and cps and vanos solenoids on E 39 M5s) Edited by kiwi535