Sign in to follow this  
briancol

M3 Style rear vision mirrors

Has anyone used these after market mirrors?

How close are they to OEM and frankly are they any good.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=176237156

Yea, i put a set on my coupe. They seem to do the job - you need to drill a new hole in each one for the wiring to go through. Aside from that they are pretty good! Not sure how close to oem they are - but then the price isn't close to oem! They would fool most i think. Put it this way if i bought another e36 and i needed some i would get these again....

Edited by bmpower

Don't buy mirrors that don't have an OEM style wiring harness/plug. Ruining your harness isn't worth it for cheap copies of mirrors.

Don't buy mirrors that don't have an OEM style wiring harness/plug. Ruining your harness isn't worth it for cheap copies of mirrors.

These don't have an oem harness, i just cut the plugs off an old set of e36 mirrors i had and joined the plugs onto the new ones, so now can just plug and unplug the new ones as i please.

Edited by bmpower

I've got a set of OEM M3 mirrors on my car already but they are LHD versions and it would be easy to swap the plugs.

I've got a set of OEM M3 mirrors on my car already but they are LHD versions and it would be easy to swap the plugs.

Its a 5min job - all your doin is adding a plug onto the end of the new ones for ease so they are not hard wired. ...Thats if you don't mind cutting them off oem m3 mirrors.....

I have a set of these on my car. i bought mine off ebay for $120 landed. I havent hooked up the window motors because im the only one that drives the car, I just adjusted the mirros by hand. that way if I chuck the old ones back on I can just plug them back in. You will have to tap the mounting sockets to fit the OEM mirror screws. the mounting points are only plastic so their not to strong.

Hope this helps