Sign in to follow this  
User Name

Tach and coolant gauge not working

Hi Guys

quick run down.

e28 shell with e32 m30b35 motor, have used e28 fuse box and e32 loom and ecu (getgrag 260/6)

now my only problem after solving my fuel problem thanks to Glen (pipes round the wrong way), ive run into the problem that im not getting any tach readings or speedometer which linked into the tach.

my problem being that i cant find the wire on the e28 main loom that connects to the e32 loom(or does it not)

ive looked through all my wiring diagrams and electrical books and im stumped can some please help me

OR im thinking that my speed sensor is in the gearbox that has wires coming from it????

cheers

kym

Not that I have a clue what I'm on about when it comes to electrical systems but .... could it be a conflict between the 528 chip on the front of the instrument cluster and the new 735i engine management system.

We swapped a few 320i clusters aroudn a few weeks back to see if we could fix a faulty cluster and sure enough, facelift did not like pre-facelift (varying ECU's).

Edited by bmw3

Yea thort about that but the tach is controlled by the tachsensor and im geussing thats the wire i need to find and none of my wiring diagrams help cause i cant find ethier the one on the e28 or e32 loom

they said for tach - black goes to black/brown but no luck can find it leading from the tach but then nowhere else and dont want o have to pull my interior out again