Sign in to follow this  
EVLE30

Tilt Motor on FL E30

Hi All,

the tilt motors on my headlights haven't worked since i got the car. is this common? i have had to manually adjust the headlights.

any ideas on how to get it going?

Hi All,

the tilt motors on my headlights haven't worked since i got the car. is this common? i have had to manually adjust the headlights.

any ideas on how to get it going?

do the motors make any noise when you try to adjust???

I have never ever seen the tilt motors actually work on any e30 !

my 535 ones work...:)

my 535 ones work...:)

:(, mine make a noise, and I can barely tell they're doing anything. When parked up against a wall and using it, the drivers side headlight tilts a tiny bit, is this right?

nah they dont make any noise. it doesn't look like there is any fluid in the pipes... what the hell sorta fluid does it take though???!!

my 3 previous E30's had them working... but not this one....

sounds like the e30 ones are different...the e 34 are mechanical,there isnt any fluid involved...Ian it doesnt need to move much..but i can see definite movement in mine..i will do an experiment and tell you how much movement there is parked say 1 m from a wall....

Edited by kiwi535

sounds like the e30 ones are different...the e 34 are mechanical,there isnt any fluid involved...Ian it doesnt need to move much..but i can see definite movement in mine..i will do an experiment and tell you how much movement there is parked say 1 m from a wall....

Yeah the E34 ones are electrical (i had a e34 525IASE Motorsport). and yeah you can definately see the difference in them.

these ones are annoying me though, cause i keep having to screw them in and out manually. and its not so easy to do when its dark!

Mine have never worked and I don't know of anyone's E30 tilts working, ever, just recently removed the mechanism from my car and the fluid didn't seem to be anything special.

Mine have never worked and I don't know of anyone's E30 tilts working, ever, just recently removed the mechanism from my car and the fluid didn't seem to be anything special.

cheers mate, might go see ernst see if he has ever got them going. otherwise i'll rip 'em out.