Sign in to follow this  
iball

Red Battery warining light staying on

Guys

I replaced the battery in my e46 this morning, and now the battery indicator light is staying on while I was driving around - is thre something I forgot to do or reset or is it more likely to be something to do with the alternator & or belts?

Cheers

Iball

Glenn - Any ideas where the best place for that would be? BMW or can you guys do it? And do you think it will be OK to drive or should I get it towed?

Cheers

Iball

Glenn - Any ideas where the best place for that would be? BMW or can you guys do it? And do you think it will be OK to drive or should I get it towed?

Cheers

Iball

Was it on before you replaced the battery ??

Check fuses

I hope you didnt fit it in around the wrong way or use jumper leads incorrectly

Give me a call

Cheers

Glenn

Glenn - I've checked that the new battery has been put in around the right way (its a Bosch DIN65) and its right. The warning light didn't come on before I replaced the battery - it stayed on after starting the engine once I replaced the battery.

I'd had a problem last week with the old battery - I charged it over the weekend and it seemed OK until this morning when it died while I was driving to work.

Which fuses should I check?

Cheers

Iball

Glenn - I've checked that the new battery has been put in around the right way (its a Bosch DIN65) and its right. The warning light didn't come on before I replaced the battery - it stayed on after starting the engine once I replaced the battery.

I'd had a problem last week with the old battery - I charged it over the weekend and it seemed OK until this morning when it died while I was driving to work.

Which fuses should I check?

Cheers

Iball

Did you...or someone else replace the battery ??

If it was someone else, did they check the charge rate??

Edited by *Glenn*

Glenn - i replaced it this morning on the side of the road - I didn't check the charge rate or anything, just replaced the battery with what Bosch recommneded for an E46 330i a DIN65.

as said before. the battery warning light means the battery is not charging. check all the fuses you can find. im not sure where they are located. also put a volt meter accross the battery when the car is running and if you get a reading lower than 13v it means the altinator is not charging the battery