Sign in to follow this  
JaseNZ

A small mission (well for me anyway)

I attempted my first mission this morning which was changing the light on the clock on the obc - Not as easy as i thought of just pushing up in that hole under the sunglass holder - 1/2hr later i finally got it out but the back of the obc was left behind in the hole but that was easy to get out, $4.80 for the bulb and now i can see my clock all the time, putting it back in took about 3 seconds wish it was easier to take it out than put it back in. Anyway clock 1 point up to me, to anybody else i guess this is nothing special but for me it was the first and successful mission i have carried out B)

Edited by presso

Shot man! I so remember my first mish its a good feeling.

Keep it up

When I repaired the climate control on mine, the hardest bit was getting the OBC out as well!

Took me quite some time. The wiring loom to it was so short it didn't fully pop out.

Well done!

Don't wanna look like a hero or anything, but my latest "mission" was converting the engine in my e30, lol!!

But seriously, with your valuable "changing of the light on the clock on the obc" knowledge you will be rebuilding gearboxes and engines in no time.

Don't lie Joseph. You just wanted to skite.

Accessing those OBC lights is a bitch. I too remember my first projects on my first e30. Everything was new. I can remember taking a hour to figure out how to remove the instrument cluster. i think I'd be under 3 mins - 5mins with my eyes closed.

Competition idea for next bsport meet???

Hmm i think my first mission in my E30 was Installing a new Headunit and 4 speakers, replacing some interior panels and fitting a new clock

When i first got it it had no clock, no stereo, no shocks on the left side it was missing a few interior trim panels and was covered in an Inch-thick layer of dirt... and it wasn't running lol.

I think i did a pretty good job of it ;) lol

I have done the exact same thing last week and had the same issues

That OBC is tough to push trough but when done, whithout breaking anything, it feels so nice.

I think with the expertise gained I'm now ready to tackle a whole engine rebuild :rolleyes:

lol Graham.

I have done the exact same thing last week and had the same issues

That OBC is tough to push trough but when done, whithout breaking anything, it feels so nice.

I think with the expertise gained I'm now ready to tackle a whole engine rebuild :rolleyes:

Thats the spirit!!