Sign in to follow this  
Nobimmer

E30 Keys.

Hve finally managed to find a key blank (after flicking through a 300 page catalogue) that works on E30's. I have cut 2 for myself and 2 for my brothers e30s and they both work mint.Mines pre f/l his is f/l.

Now I dont know what the dealer charges to get a key cut from them but if i was to order say another 10 I could do them for $5 a pop?

Anyone interested, will need numbers as they are an odd shaped key and I wont be able to hide them amongst the other key blanks at work.

Cheers

Ashkan

Sorry forgot to add that I can do it in 2 different styles.

1 is a plain silver key with a round head on it.

The other is silver with a black rubber head on it. Sorry Sam they don't have the light, or say BMW on them.

The black rubber key will be $7.50 each

would be very keen as i have lost the key for my e30. luckily its unlocked. where can i find the key code for it?????

tried them. they as usefull as tits on a bull

Well if its chipped then it has to be shipped from germany via bmw. They use the Chassis number. Edited by Nick021

na not chipped i just need a key code to get one cut. or can i get a lock smith to match one to the door barrel?

Well I had two keys cut for my e30 not so long ago. $5.50 ea...... from Mitre 10 Kerikeri.

I had no idea it was a problem sourcing blanks. they pulled one off the wall. Same as you describe - standard key with round head. Works like the original.

Edited by bravo

I had no idea it was a problem sourcing blanks. they pulled one off the wall. Same as you describe - standard key with round head. Works like the original.

+1, I got one cut at Mister Minute somewhere. Just kept the receipt and went out to check the key in the car.

A rubber on would be cool though.

Took me a while to find a place in chch that has e30 blanks. I ended up getting six keys cut there, as my boarding housemaster kept taking them off me :P. They stamped the code on one of the keys for me.

It's in Sydenham, heading south on columbo, it's right after the overbridge. Can't remeber if it's the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd right tho.

Took me a while to find a place in chch that has e30 blanks. I ended up getting six keys cut there, as my boarding housemaster kept taking them off me :P. They stamped the code on one of the keys for me.

It's in Sydenham, heading south on columbo, it's right after the overbridge. Can't remeber if it's the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd right tho.

Ross Galt on Fitzy Ave have cut me a couple just using the code

Ahh ok must just be me then.

Sorry fullas didn't know they were that easy to come by :S.

Anyways if anyone is still having trouble finding them, let me know.