Sign in to follow this  
deane30

wire for service indicator reset

Hey Guys,

I was wondering what type of wire you use to reset the service indicator lights on a facelift e30.

I have a run down of how to do it just not what type of wire and/or fuse to use.

Advice appreciated.

Thanks

I have one I just made up from some standard wire with a fuse in the middle and male bullet connectors on the ends. can provide a pic tmoro if you wish

Edit: Can tell you what gauge the wire is and the ampage on the fuse tmoro as well if thats what you need.

Cheers

Edited by Forrest

I have one I just made up from some standard wire with a fuse in the middle and male bullet connectors on the ends. can provide a pic tmoro if you wish

Edit: Can tell you what gauge the wire is and the ampage on the fuse tmoro as well if thats what you need.

Cheers

That would be excellent. Thanks very much Forrest

Wire size doesn't matter - a single strand or a nail - all it needs is to conduct from one end to other.

Regardless of size - if you get it wrong with connection you stand to cause damage.

A 1 amp fuse is as high as you want to go - will give some protection but no guarantee if incorrectly connected.

Wire size doesn't matter - a single strand or a nail - all it needs is to conduct from one end to other.

Regardless of size - if you get it wrong with connection you stand to cause damage.

A 1 amp fuse is as high as you want to go - will give some protection but no guarantee if incorrectly connected.

Thanks for the advice hotwire. At thhis stage i'm just trying to find out as much as I can about it before i do consider attempting it. Does anyone know of anypne who ohas tried this and caused problems (minor or major) with their car?