Sign in to follow this  
vonripsnorter

E30 Price

Ok, I know this has most likely been talked about in depth before

But being "REAL" here

What would a real mint, original E30 318i Auto be worth, & I would put money on this one being one of the BEST in the country!!

It’s a one owner, done 90,000km, Full service history, still looks & smells new inside, paint is mint, underside is mint & I'm talking, not far of concourse here!! It’s that good, yes it’s only a 318 but it’s the condition that makes this one very special.

If you brought a $2000.00 one & spent $4000.00 doing it up, you would not come close

Your opinions please

Ok, I know this has most likely been talked about in depth before

But being "REAL" here

What would a real mint, original E30 318i Auto be worth, & I would put money on this one being one of the BEST in the country!!

It’s a one owner, done 90,000km, Full service history, still looks & smells new inside, paint is mint, underside is mint & I'm talking, not far of concourse here!! It’s that good, yes it’s only a 318 but it’s the condition that makes this one very special.

If you brought a $2000.00 one & spent $4000.00 doing it up, you would not come close

Your opinions please

Be good to see some pictures of the car you have described..

Like most things something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

+1

But, I don't think any 4 cylinder auto E30 will ever be worth more than $4k.

Even keeping in mind that this car is as mint as they get “seriously’â€

& it hasn’t been done up, all the paint is original & its had seat covers from new & if you look under them, every thing is like new!!

The old guy who owns is so so fussy & it shows

Its one of those cars that you don’t see very often

I had the same thing with a VW Golf GTI I had, people were saying $4000 max, Sold it for twice that!

Funny thing was, when people were saying the Golf was only around $3000 to $4000 max, I came back to them & told them that if they could find one as good for that price that I would give them $6000 for it!!

No one took the offer up ;)

Edited by vonripsnorter

if it was manual... 4500-5000, auto 4000-4500. My guess

If its in as new/showroom condition I would say 5-6k. If you keep it in the same condition it will be only a few of many e30's that will be bare original and in perfect condition, keeping in mind they don't make them anymore.

It would also depend (for me at least) on colour etc.

Even keeping in mind that this car is as mint as they get “seriously’â€

& it hasn’t been done up, all the paint is original & its had seat covers from new & if you look under them, every thing is like new!!

The old guy who owns is so so fussy & it shows

Its one of those cars that you don’t see very often

I had the same thing with a VW Golf GTI I had, people were saying $4000 max, Sold it for twice that!

Funny thing was, when people were saying the Golf was only around $3000 to $4000 max, I came back to them & told them that if they could find one as good for that price that I would give them $6000 for it!!

No one took the offer up ;)

A VW Golf GTI is desirable. An auto E30 318i isn't.

But, why bother starting this thread if you seem to know the answer in your head already?

Be worth heaps to a collector of 318i autos. LOL, sorry.

Seriously I would have thought the highest price buyer would be a rich daddy looking for a nice and solid by not especially fast BMW for his young son/daughter. Someone with a "don't make them like they used to" attitude.

It would be great to no where you are coming from, are you buying it or just generally interested in what it may be worth?

Seriously I would have thought the highest price buyer would be a rich daddy looking for a nice and solid by not especially fast BMW for his young son/daughter. Someone with a "don't make them like they used to" attitude.

Ive been given first option to buy.

& the old dude wont sell it to any one, he wants to be sure it will be looked after (his late wife's car, so there is all that going on)

The colour is Alpine white (one of the best colours on an E30 in my opinion)

with Pacific (read, blue) cloth

Manual sunroof

Jack never used, tools never used, etc etc

Priceing of classics is a very hard thing, I also have a 1967 VW Beetle which sits in my garage, I do around 600km per year in it & it is mint, Won first prize in its class at the VW nationals when ever it atends.

Now some would say that is a $5000 car, but to that I would say, go find me one better & I'll give you $10,000.00 at the drop of a hat & it would be ME getting the great deal.

Is it the same with a mint old BMW??

I wish I had taken some pictures but just think of how a good one looked 20 years ago & you get the picture.

Guest Simon*

To be fair, I'm fairly intrigued by this car and would like to see piccies (at some stage :) ). I don't doubt it's as good as you say.

Something of this nature and condition has the power to invoke a lot of nostalgia and pride for potential buyers so it is hard to value. Anywhere up to $10K might be reasonable to someone along the lines of a collector - just speculating. Special cars can fetch special prices provided the timing is right.

Good luck with it either way. Good on you for asking here - if you can't ask these kind of questions on a BMW forum where the hell do you go?!

It would be worth a lot more if it was a facelift, as there are heaps (and I mean heaps!) of absolutely mint pre-facelift e30s around. I was looking at a one-owner, absolutely immaculate Luxor Beige 325i auto pre-facelift last year. It had 60,000km on the clock, full history with Team McMillan and was spec'd out with almost every NZ option (bar things like OBC of course). The owners daughter (the original owner was in his 80s and had graduated to a mobility scooter) was struggling to get $6K for it. IMO, an auto 325i would be worth a hell of a lot more than an auto 318i.

Edited by Eddy

Something of this nature and condition has the power to invoke a lot of nostalgia and pride for potential buyers so it is hard to value. Anywhere up to $10K might be reasonable to someone along the lines of a collector - just speculating. Special cars can fetch special prices provided the timing is right.

Yeah, but isn't that implying a 20 year car is collectible despite being a base model automatic?

I would disagree (today). Maybe when it's 30yo and scarce (which is unlikely) ... so it might take until its 40yo.

I would struggle to bring myself to pay $10k for a completely mint automatic 2002, and from memory one sat on TM for ages in that price range with very low km (an auto).

Edited by CamB

It would be worth a lot more if it was a facelift, as there are heaps (and I mean heaps!) of absolutely mint pre-facelift e30s around. I was looking at a one-owner, absolutely immaculate Luxor Beige 325i auto pre-facelift last year. It had 60,000km on the clock, full history with Team McMillan and was spec'd out with almost every NZ option (bar things like OBC of course). The owners daughter (the original owner was in his 80s and had graduated to a mobility scooter) was struggling to get $6K for it. IMO, an auto 325i would be worth a hell of a lot more than an auto 318i.

I agree with the statement about heaps of mint PFL compared to FL, its so fricken hard to find a mint facelift e30 (especially in 325/manual form). I wonder how many NZ new PFL were sold here compared to FL's.

didnt Glen from botany motor worx have his MINT 316 manual with 13k spent on it through his shop for sale at 5k? not sure if it sold or not....but that should give you some indication.

He did but much higher km and - I would infer - not as mint. I'm personally giving the car being discussed the benefit of the doubt as being truely mint, as you would expect of a 100k km car which was garaged and cared for all its life.

It would still be an auto and a 318i though :(

I agree with the statement about heaps of mint PFL compared to FL, its so fricken hard to find a mint facelift e30 (especially in 325/manual form). I wonder how many NZ new PFL were sold here compared to FL's.

Yes, but remeber the sharemarket crashed in '87. That probably explain the lack of facelift 325i's compared to pre facelift.

At the end of the day, it's only an automatic 318. :o

It's not worth more than maybe $4000 IMHO if you were lucky, no matter how nice, and I've bought a few. ;)

Mechanically low K's don't always mean much, it's more how the car's been looked after, would be nice to see some pics, but won't change my opinion.

+1

With the Golf GTI that you sold at least there's a following/hot hatch history behind the model. Makes it special. I'm not sure an auto 318i is special (no offense meant...).

That said, NZ new Corolla GT's go for 3x as much as a standard corolla? Then again despite being a corolla, it is a GT with the venerable 4age and some may consider it special.

So I guess what I'm trying to get at, along with the majority of posters in this thread, is that unless someone thinks it's a special car then I don't think it's worth more than $4,000 max.

I know if I had $6,000 to spend on a 318 it'd be one of the manual 318is's on trademe, not an auto 318i. Sorry.

post-1308-1222932199_thumb.jpg

This was a school teachers car with 100k's, you could hang your washing off of the coil springs and eat your dinner off the underside. No joke you can see your reflection from the petrol tank when you cruel underneath.. Oh and it cost $4k about 2 years ago....50k later and i,ve given up counting though :)

Ummmm......

BUY A 325i!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Theres almost no price difference.

Sorry to be a difficult a$$#0le but thats how i feel.

My parents sold their 1987 320i Automatic for $4500 in 2003. Mum had it from a year old- inherited from her father who bought it new. With 72,000km on the clock, and in well above average condition, it was still hard to find a buyer. Just not that desirable, with the flood of imports etc.

Lots of interesting veiw points here & always a subject with many differing ideas but all welcome!

As time has gone on, this car has done less & less mileage & is averaging around 1500km a year now!!

Sorry, i didnt take any pictures of this car & it lives 300 km from here

It is a two door!!

The other car I have my foot in the door with is another one owner Golf GTi 16V MK2 done 100,000 but not as well looked after but very tidy none the less........this is another car with many opinions on Value

I think if its a car you want and would be happy with and you really like then the car is only worth what your willing to pay for it.

P.S if you are after a 16v MK2 Golf GTI, Chuck me a PM, a good mate of mine is selling his, its pretty mint.

Edited by RJS