Sign in to follow this  
kiwi6539

Thank you to all who gave me advice on E34s

Just wanted to Thank everyone who took there time to give me advice on the E34s. I felt a lot more confident buying one after all the advice.

I now have a 89 530i Manual. Which my friend picked up for me today. He took it for a drive up to Paekakariki and back going over the hill and was very inpressed with how it went. It needs a dam good clean and a good polish but other than that everything on it works and it runs well.

He did say I will need new rubber for it soon. Any ideas on what 15 inch tyres handle well on the e34s?.

And he said when it was idling it was abit up and down. Needs a good tune I expect?.

Only 3 weeks to go and I will be back in Wellington and can take it for a drive myself.

Also does anyone in Wellington region know where I can buy Autoglym products from?.

Cheers again

And he said when it was idling it was abit up and down. Needs a good tune I expect?.

Sounds like the ICV (Idle control valve) needs cleaning. Easy enough to do.

Great to hear you found a e34, v8 manual ftw!

Pleased you found what you were looking for.

Sounds like a good car! Never heard of a manual e34 530i.

I will be expecting those pics in 3 weeks ;)

Its a Uk import. Its a only the 3.0 6 cylinder. Not V8. With cloth interior driver seat is a bit worn so will look at maybe replacing it or getting a leather interior for it in future.

If anyone has a good condition grey driver seat for sale might be keen.

Yes once its all cleaned up will put some pics up.

Its a Uk import. Its a only the 3.0 6 cylinder. Not V8. With cloth interior driver seat is a bit worn so will look at maybe replacing it or getting a leather interior for it in future.

If anyone has a good condition grey driver seat for sale might be keen.

Yes once its all cleaned up will put some pics up.

can get seats and also have 2 sets of 16" alloys for e34 etc .

send me pics when you have the car to check the cloth type .

or maybe a do a leather set

Cheers Brent. Will check them out when I arrive. I know the seats in it have all the adjustments. Bolster etc. so not just the normal ones. but not sure wether they are classed as sport seats.

What are they called do you know?.

And what wheels do you have?. Might be better to buy them if I have to buy tyres anyway. I would like the Schnitzer wheels but not sure I can afford them straight away.

Edited by kiwi6539

Also does anyone in Wellington region know where I can buy Autoglym products from?.

Armstrong Prestige on Cambridge Terrace (ex Team European) Porsche/Audi Dealership