Sign in to follow this  
JaseNZ

recharging the a/c unit

Anybody able to tell me how much round about to get the a/c serviced and charged when i turn it on the air temp coming out drops but not by much so i think it needs re gassing ???

Edited by presso

Depending on where you go the cost for regassing is between $60-$80.00

Depending on where you go the cost for regassing is between $60-$80.00

Thanx for that :mellow:

Thanx for that :mellow:

Most AC guys wont fill now without doing a leak test now. It might cost a little more than what Brian said

Most AC guys wont fill now without doing a leak test now. It might cost a little more than what Brian said

Yup i rang a place just before and had a good chat to the guy he said even though the car is 12 years old it should not need gassing as it does not get used up so hence maybe a small leak, He also said while doing it its best to do the filter at the same time. Reckons could cost up to $300 for full service and new filter and any leaks repaired. Cut a long story short taking it into them next week and they will do a full inspection for free and then we shall take it from there, with summer coming up i need my a/c working blowing nice cold chilly air B)

Yup i rang a place just before and had a good chat to the guy he said even though the car is 12 years old it should not need gassing as it does not get used up so hence maybe a small leak, He also said while doing it its best to do the filter at the same time. Reckons could cost up to $300 for full service and new filter and any leaks repaired. Cut a long story short taking it into them next week and they will do a full inspection for free and then we shall take it from there, with summer coming up i need my a/c working blowing nice cold chilly air B)

Its great to see your learning...do it once and do it right first time

do it once and do it right first time

It's great to see others applying this mantra as well. Nothing worse than doing a half arsed job, and then doing it again shortly afterwards...

Good on you!

do it once and do it right first time

wise words ...

Just payed 1000$ for a rust job, inside cleaning and leather recondition and repair. All is super now and I think I'm looking at at many years trouble free so in the end even if you pay more the first time you won't need to pay again and again and again and ...

Now, just need to get the steering wheel swapped and I'll be done.

Its great to see your learning...do it once and do it right first time

For aircon, do you a recommendation on somewhere? I am underwhelmed by mine - its ok at moderate exterior temps but I suspect it won't make me happy once it gets over 25 deg outside.

What area are you in ??

If your in central Auckland

Ring Todd or James

AutoTemp Ltd

Melrose Street

Newmarket

Ph.(09) 5223300

Edited by *Glenn*

What area are you in ??

If your in central Auckland

Ring Todd or James

AutoTemp Ltd

Melrose Street

Newmarket

Ph.(09) 5223300

Yeah - anywhere central is good, and thanks :)