Sign in to follow this  
Carl

Grrrr, aerial stuck

Alright, someone's playing silly buggers with me car, damn aerial is not going down anymore...can hear the motor trying to wind it up and down but it's stuck in the full upright position...thoughts anyone?

Carl

Mine does that from time to time. It is some missing teeth on the bit that winds it up and down.

It should start working again soon enough. Mine does it about once a year (only for a day or so). I was told that this happens all the time with E30's.

Cheers

Happened to my E30 once.You can buy a replacement mast for your electric antenna.Got one from Repco(cost about $50)

They are very easy to install.

i

Edited by 37 South

Thanks guys, although not sure what the whole i thing meant...

Will see if it fixes itself and if it doesn't come right i'll have to get a replacement - not that I use the radio very often but it looks gay fully erect while parked :angry:

ive got that exact same problem carl, i just cant b fukd fixing it, im used to it now, people are like WTF? and spin around with a mad fright, i dont even notice it, proabably a bad thing

Hmmmm, you were right Grant, seems to be working fine now...isn't that an oddball thing.

Hmmmm, you were right Grant, seems to be working fine now...isn't that an oddball thing.

I know, I just live with it. It has done it randomly (like once a year) for 5 years now, and hasn't got any worse (more frequent).

Cheers

It's stopped working again, makes a horrible winding noise now :(

looks gay fully erect while parked  :angry:

haha it just means its "ready to go" whenever!!!

Seriously, I think that the E36 overcame this problem rather nicely - by removing the aerial totally!!! :lol:

Edited by Napier_E36

Do you guys have the aerial in the windscreen or something?

it might be there but i dont think it is aye, maybe its in the back windscreen? who knows but i like not having a electric one because of the times it breaks or you take it into the carwash with it up and it bends or snaps off

Im pretty sure the E36s are in the back window... I dont use my stereo for getting radio stations anyway - Id rather chuck an mp3 disc in, put it on random and not have to hear the same sh*t 4 times in a 3 hour trip....