Sign in to follow this  
sin-drome

E46 icons display thing :D

hey guys

I was just wondering if anyone could help me out with my little problem im having with my e46 well.. you know that little display where it shows your next oil service..then after that it shows the time, km per litre, how many k's you got in your tank..does anyone know what the temperature one means ? because mine is stuck on -40 C and its worrying me that something could be wrong.

thanks for the help guys much appreciated

Andrew,

there should be a temp sensor in the r/f front under the bumper,sounds like it is missing-this has a direct effect on the working of the a/c heater function.

there should be a temp sensor in the r/f front under the bumper,sounds like it is missing-this has a direct effect on the working of the a/c heater function.

hey

im not to sure about this because before it was working fine its just now its stuck on - 40 C maybe the temp sensors broken ? what do you think ? thanks for the info

Its the outside ambient air temperature sensor. Its either disconnected or the sensor has failed. When this happens it always reads -40