Sign in to follow this  
Mash

X5 bit pricey... NOT

Christ! i'll tell my dad, he's been after a car exactly like this. Looks real good for the price

A friend of mine bought a diesel X5 earlier this year, cheap. Then spent circa $6k on servicing. Tyres, brakes, service etc. I would say they're cheap for a resaon.

A friend of mine bought a diesel X5 earlier this year, cheap. Then spent circa $6k on servicing. Tyres, brakes, service etc. I would say they're cheap for a resaon.

It doesnt take much for any euro to clock up that kind of money. Tyres, brakes e.t.c is part of maintaining any car. For the year, the X5 has held it's value better than any other german SUV.

I've driven the 3.0 and they go ok, but they've got nothing on the V8!

It doesnt take much for any euro to clock up that kind of money. Tyres, brakes e.t.c is part of maintaining any car. For the year, the X5 has held it's value better than any other german SUV.

I've driven the 3.0 and they go ok, but they've got nothing on the V8!

That was sort of my point, it may be loads cheaper then new, but people who buy one thinking they will properly maintain it on a shoe string are in lala land. Any car that was expensive new will still be pricey to maintain, even after the price has dropped to an affordable level.

When you can buy an entire E30/32/34/36/39 for $6k, those servicing costs are put into perspective.