Sign in to follow this  
diablo23

DSP Audio

As I've recently got my new 2001 740i msport, i was rather shocked when checking out the options on the tv that it didn't have dsp, now as i read on wikipedia all 7 series after 2000 had dsp installed standard, now is there anyway to find if my car has dsp amp fitted ?

As I've recently got my new 2001 740i msport, i was rather shocked when checking out the options on the tv that it didn't have dsp, now as i read on wikipedia all 7 series after 2000 had dsp installed standard, now is there anyway to find if my car has dsp amp fitted ?

1. On the main menu of the nav system, look for "DSP". DSP means you have DSP.

2. Look at the amplifier and CD changer in the boot. If it has a coax audio connection from CD changer to amplifier, you have DSP

Yeah i pulled the boot apart and couldnt find anything cables going from the cd changer to the amp,

so is there any benefits to having dsp fitted? because im thinking of upgrading the sound using the dice, and bavsound.com speaker packages aswell as adding a sub/amp al to the factory widescreen display. Ive been checking

a few of the Us bimmer forums and dsp seems to be quite a pain to deal with

Yeah i pulled the boot apart and couldnt find anything cables going from the cd changer to the amp,

so is there any benefits to having dsp fitted? because im thinking of upgrading the sound using the dice, and bavsound.com speaker packages aswell as adding a sub/amp al to the factory widescreen display. Ive been checking

a few of the Us bimmer forums and dsp seems to be quite a pain to deal with

DSP was marketed as the top sound system.

DSP adds, as well as the DSP-processing, 2 x subwoofers.

However in my experience it also adds hiss and noise.

If you want to play around with the BMW system and add subwoofers, add tweaters, mids, highs, lows, kickers, subs, bommers whatever, then non-DSP makes life easier for you.