Sign in to follow this  
Dnz

Buffers

Which ones ya got/ use?

Porter cable seems rather popular in america but im having trouble tracking it down, and i dont want one of those el cheapo 40 buck ones which you cant handle propely...

dont do it yourself unless you know what your doing, or the corners of your car are going to look nice when you buff up the bare metal....

How ya gonna know what youre doing if you never start?

According to bfc, porter cable make a good one but i cant track it down here (and ordering it from america would mean its the wrong voltage).

You cant really mess anything up with it, since itll be a random orbital, meaning it wont burn paint, and you just need to get the right pads for the right product....

But yeah i can only seem to find crappy 40 buck ones at the moment....

You also need to make sure you keep it dust free ... It is true if you don't start you wont know how to use ... but sic is also right if you don't know how to use it it will ruin your paint ... i've seen it been done wrong . .hahah .. end result was quite funny ...

When i went to BMW to enquire about buffers they strongly told me not to use one ... the said all their good groomers don't use them cause they have a tendancy to scratch the paint job if not done right ...

Yet no one on bfc has said that..

Keeping your paint swirl free without a buffer would be rather impossible - and you can also scratch by hand if you're dumb.

Random orbital buffers are relatively safe..

And i would clay the car before using it too..

How would car groomers do a car without a buffer? hmmm

dude...cars get dirty

deal with it

Guest Andrew

Yet no one on bfc has said that..

Keeping your paint swirl free without a buffer would be rather impossible - and you can also scratch by hand if you're dumb.

Random orbital buffers are relatively safe..

And i would clay the car before using it too..

How would car groomers do a car without a buffer? hmmm

we did it by hand

dude...cars get dirty

deal with it

Thats the reason people wash them.

And the reason for this thread. :confused:

Yeah man go for it..f**k them $40 clownshoes..get that US product that "people" rave about...

give it a go..sh*t fool waht can possibly go wrong.

"mmm BIDNIS"

btw..have you ever considered getting off the internet and going and talking to a car groomer/auto painter.....no..your probably right..what the fuk would they know....monkeys!..probably wouldnt even reply to your e-mails anyway.

btw..have you ever considered getting off the internet and going and talking to a car groomer/auto painter.....no..your probably right..what the fuk would they know....monkeys!..probably wouldnt even reply to your e-mails anyway.

i believe theres nothin left to say

i believe theres nothin left to say

yes there is...

W3rd!!

Thanks for proving my point of why bfc pwns this forum.

Looks like this place is never going to actually be anything with any kind of automotive worth to it.

Oh yeah, and the next time i want an opinion on something, i guess BS is the wrong place to go and i WILL just go to the experts.

Nice guys. <_<

Edited by Dnz

Thanks for proving my point of why bfc pwns this forum.

Looks like this place is never going to actually be anything with any kind of automotive worth to it.

Oh yeah, and the next time i want an opinion on something, i guess BS is the wrong place to go and i WILL just go to the experts.

Nice guys. <_<

being that homy just paneled my car, and his family owns a car painting business i think he is qualified to give his opinion, and andy was a car groomer for a while.. gaining perspective there... i have a buffer and its good, but i dont trust myself as im not 100% on correct technique so i limit its use.

if you want to have a cry go somewhere else dude.. seriously.

internet friends arent real

Guest Spargo

internet friends arent real

correct.

They don't drink e-beer either, or have e-sex.

Rock.

however, they do seem to e pimp

we all know they all e-lock