Sign in to follow this  
oscar90

E30 petrol cap

i cant for the life of me get my petrol cap off! ive turned it with the key in the cap, out the cap, pulled at it, pushed at it and all it does its spin and spin... theres probably a really easy solution so someone please slap me around the face with it!!:D

cheers,

Andrew

cap just spins and spins without the key, i unlock it and i can sit there for 5mins just turning the cap itself and no progress!

cap just spins and spins without the key, i unlock it and i can sit there for 5mins just turning the cap itself and no progress!

this is something i think you should get on video, maybe you tube it even, BMWS may not be the easy road (some times) but their the best road (all the time)

yeah, i'll get a video tomorrow if it's not raining, it's a project car so was expecting wee niggly things like this to happen :rolleyes:

dont know if I should say this, as I can imagine it would be sorta funny watching the little petrol cap defeat you but anyway...

it spins when its locked, turn the key then try it again. dont be surprised if its a little tough to turn.

iv'e been laughing at myself over it so glad its almost funny to others!

i'd go give it a try now if it wasn't raining <_<

been sitting in for a year so no doubt it will bloody hard to turn...my luck :rolleyes: haha

Cheers