Sign in to follow this  
caleb

ABS, Brake and ASC telltale lights came on

This morning, ABS, Brake and ASC telltale lights were turned on after the car was started. I drove the car for a short distance, pressed the ASC button the the lights went off.

Anyone had similar experience?

Car:

post-3714-1224896405_thumb.jpg

Edited by lufu

modern cars are very complicated in terms of electrical and module stuf. if the asc module is not comunicating with the diagnostic tester the chances are that its gunna be technical. your best bet is to give it to jeff gray with a big check on the passenger seat. either that or if the light hasnt come on again since. dont wory about it

My E39 had this problem it turned out to be a dry joint in the ABS pump, I had it fixed overnight by sending it to Tauranga I think, I will look up the details.

Here is the place

Powerstop Engineering in Tauranga for all our pump repairs. Comes with warranty, pump flush, bench tested and fault codes cleared ( for those without a scanner or reset tool )

Ring Rob (07) 5788909

This morning, ABS, Brake and ASC telltale lights were turned on after the car was started. I drove the car for a short distance, pressed the ASC button the the lights went off. Took it to Jeff Gray and they said when they ran diagnostic test, the computer could not communicate with ASC.

They're uncertain what's exactly the issue here.

Anyone had similar experience?

Wonder if I should take it to Page European instead... ;)

Car:

Sounds like both of your recent posts are related to the same fault. Pitty your not in Auckland and I could check it for you. Still seems like youve got a power supply problem to the control units. Check all your fuses with a multimeter, not an LED test light and check if you have system voltage at both sides of every fuse. Failing that its going to need to be checked by a professional with a BRAIN

I now realised the problem. I was toggling with the various audio/video options and had the TV on for almost an hour with the engine turned off.

I also left the car unlocked overnight and noticed P light on the gear shift handle was on for the entire night. I suppose there are also devices that were not turned off when I didn't lock my car?

Gave the battery a full charge and problems went away. :P

Thanks all.

I would not have realised it was the lack of sufficient battery power that caused these erratic behaviour.

Edited by lufu