Sign in to follow this  
andyball1

waikato newbie

hey guys

just thought i would pop in and say hi! atm i dont have a bmw but after having my mates e30 325i for a week I WANT ONE. at the moment i drive a work truck by day but weekend toy is a 1987 mk2 golf gti(replica) but due to my new found love she shall be on trade me shortly. so if anyone has a tidy e30 3 series let me know as i dont want a project car for now but something i can drive for 6 months then decide to spend money on toys! are there many red 3eo's in nz ive not found any for sale and i love the red ones! its all very grey grey grey lol

also i have fallen for the idea of a 318is but can afford one but wat are 320i's in comparison are they holding there prices or depreciating?

Welcome mate. Post some pictures up of your golf, sounds awesome.

Good luck on your search for a e30. Minters do come up every so often so keep your eye open.

Nick

Edited by Nick021

this is my golf had it for a year now and converted it froma sluggy auto to a 5 speed manual with all the gti trim except the dash and door cards. has the leathers from a scirocco in front and gti half leathers in back. with 40mm drop on some koni red's.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nice!

Don't bother with a 320i, get a 318i manual or a 325i manual. It's commonly said that the 320i has the power of a 318i with the fuel economy of a 325i :lol: And I've got one :wacko:, wont be a 320i for long tho :ph34r:

Awesome little VW you have there mate! If you want to get you hands on a mint genuine 1987 GTI flick me a PM.

As for E30's, Damn good cars.

But do hold out for a good one in awesome condition theres still so many around, so you can afford to be picky.

Just remember to wach for rust etc etc

In the long run it will be worth finding one with all the cool bits and pieces you will more than likely end out wanting eventually anyway like Leather sports seats, 16 button OBC, manual, sunroof, perhaps a Mtech kit. Im sure you catch my drift.

Just ask on here if you need any advice someone will be sure to help.

Welcome by the way

Welcome aboard!

Nice mk2 dude.

Good luck with finding an e30, as been said, there are some minters around for little fold. Any Q's ask away.

16 button OBC ???? whats this??

E30's either have an analogue clock or a 6 or 13 button On Board Computer. Show outside temp., time, fuel consump.(only 13 button) etc.